CAP Youth Vacant Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 19, 2013
CAP Youth Carpentry Joinery, Building Construction, Plumbing, Electricals, Refrigeration, Mobile Phones, Automobile Trainers Jobs in Kenya
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
We are urgently looking for Trainers who have relevant training and experience in atleast two of the fields mentioned above.
Successful candidate will be posted in one of the CAP Centers currently operational as a Trainer and will be required to train students on the two fields of expertise.
The right candidate must be self-driven and must work with minimal Supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, customizing and delivering curriculum.
- Theoretical and practical instruction in the area of specialization;
- preparing and maintaining of schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, teaching and learning materials and trainee records;
- carrying out trainee assessment; ensuring proper care and maintenance of tools and equipment;
- conducting co-curricular activities; maintain trainee discipline; guidance and counseling of trainees;
- Monitoring trainees on field work and industrial attachment and compiling progress reports.
- Assist students get internships and employment opportunities.
- To source for guest lecturers and organize field visits for the trainees.
- To help the trainees to find internship and employment opportunities.
- Assist in the recruitment of students into the programme.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Networking skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Proven Carpentry skills.
- Willingness to work in tough and competitive environment.
- One (1) year working experience in any of the two fields highlighted.
- Aged 25- 35 years.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- KCSE and Relevant Diploma/Certificate.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have passion of working with young people.
How to apply
This position is on full time basis.
To express interest in this opportunity, send your CV to [email protected] by 30th August 2013.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.