CAP Youth Empowerment Institute – Business Development Manager
Posted: Jun 27, 2013
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Business Development Manager Job in Westlands Nairobi Kenya
Job Advert: Business Development Manager
CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya, is supported by MasterCard Foundation, was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
The key purpose of the organization is to assist 10,000 disadvantaged youth to make informed choices, develop labour-market oriented employability skills and access job placements, savings and enterprise development support.
About the position
Successful candidate will be based at CAP Head Office in Westlands.
He/she will be charged with the responsibility of Developing and managing CAP YEI’s Business Development strategy and building relationships with new stakeholders to enable the organization move to the next level.
- Interacting with various industry players and seeking their support towards the program.
- Develop positive relationships with different stake holders
- Build relationships with new stakeholders.
- Creating awareness and marketing the program.
- Coordinating and supervising press conferences, media briefings and interviews.
- Writing and editing press releases, briefing papers and occasionally, speeches.
- Set up high profile meetings between various organizations and CAP YEI Management.
- Identify and propose potential organization to partner with.
- Develop an annual brand strategy for the organization.
- Collating and re-writing technical and official documents in a media-friendly and informative manner.
- Identifying multimedia opportunities to highlight the work of the organization.
- Developing and maintaining contact with key journalists on the organization matters.
- Identifying and facilitating key media slots for senior management to market the programme.
- Identifying publicity and news angles for the organization programmes and projects.
- Any other job assigned by your seniors.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Strong business development and relationship management skills.
- Internet savvy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a results oriented individual
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines and limited supervision
- Innovative, curious and Perceptive.
- Excellent Networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- 5 years hands on experience in Business Development in a highly competitive environment
- Innovative, creative and achievement oriented.
- Significant experience of working in a brand management role.
- Must be mature and with the right attitude.
- Confident, self-assured, personable and presentable.
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented.
- Must have passion of working with young people.
- Relevant Degree.
- Masters will be an added advantage.
How to apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your CV to [email protected] by 5th July 2013.
Cover letter should be pasted on the body of the email and not as an attachment.
Applicants are required to quote their current and expected salary.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Cap Youth Empowerment Institute does not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.