CABI ICT Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
The Information Communications and Technology (ICT) Manager will be responsible for formulating, developing and implementing an effective ICT strategy, management policies and procedures, administering day-to-day operations and co-coordinating all ICT activities to obtain optimum ICT value while ensuring compliance with all relevant and applicable regulations at CAB International (CABI).
This will involve leading, directing and overseeing the ICT function thereby ensuring the stability, integrity, efficiency and continuous operation of systems, networks, database architecture and security of CABI’s ICT environment and information systems that support core organisational functions and achieving consistency and reliability of hardware, software, non-system tools, data archiving, communication links and offsite disaster recovery management.
The successful candidate will
- Plan, budget and execute replacements, new purchases, installations, support and maintenance of CABI’s ICT platform and networks;
- Identify, develop & implement continuous end-user ICT training programs and new staff orientation;
- Set-up, maintain and protect user accounts, mailboxes and ICT hardware and software;
- Create and maintain procedural documentation for ICT activities;
- Support contracting to design, develop, implement, operate and administer ICT computer and telecommunications software, networks, websites and information systems;
- Manage LAN WAN, with other centres and regional offices;
- Manage inventory of ICT hardware, software, consumable and other ICT resources;
- Undertake research on emerging ICT trends and continuously review CABI systems and recommend to management upgrading and appropriate ICT investment in systems, procedures, software and hardware in line with market trends and responsive to CABI operations and emerging technological developments and trends;
- Lead and drive a culture of innovation and creativity in seeking ICT solutions to organizational challenges and in business processes to facilitate efficient operations;
- Perform other related duties as will be assigned from time to time by the management;
- Masters degree in Computer/Information Science;
- First degree in Computer/Information Science, ICT or related discipline from a recognized institution;
- Certification in Network/Systems Administration or its equivalent from a recognised examining body/institution, Microsoft Certified System administration preferred;
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) or working towards;
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or working towards;
- Membership of professional ICT body(ies); Excellent administrative and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise and manage diverse workloads;
- Use initiative and pay attention to details.