Business Manager Job Turkana County, Kenya
Business Manager Job in Lokichar, Turkana County, Kenya
Job Family: Entrepreneurship
Support, train, and advice Neema women group in poultry enterprise expansion, in view of improving
Sales Revenues, Profits and Job opportunities for Members of Neema Women Group.
- Facilitate the Poultry Enterprise of the Neema Women Group- in the delivery of inputs and outputs in line with the Group’s work plan
- Support, train, and advice Neema Women Group members in coordination of poultry business enterprise.
- Advise Neema Women Group on innovative poultry market strategies; identify potential market opportunities and market niches that would be favourable to the business structures supported by the APEI through the USADF grant.
- Assist in the facilitation of management of Poultry Enterprise Expansion through administrative support and training of Neema Women Group on internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Support in strengthening the Neema Women Group’s board through effective trainings on their roles and responsibilities in enhancing accountability, transparency and value for money.
- Provide overall Enterprise development through supporting the Group in adopting their procurement, HR, Financial, and resource Mobilization policies. This is expected to strengthen Neema’s procedures, rules and regulations.
- Support the financial and budgetary aspects of the project activities and upholding the integrity of financial system.
- Supporting Neema Women Group in customer relations and strengthening marketing skills. This includes soliciting for markets for eggs, chicken, poultry manure and other by products in the most cost effective and high profit markets within the reach of Neema Women Group
- Prepare regular reports highlighting major trends, challenges and achievements for circulation.
- Maintains regular communications and updates with APEI and CEZAM/USADF respectively, including submitting regular written reports and recommendation using agreed reporting format
- Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and other occasional financial and narrative reports as may be required from time to time
- Ensure correctness of the Quarterly Performance Indicators; Financial Statements; Financial Reports; Bank Reconciliations; Cash Journals; and Supporting Egg Collection and Culinary Sales Revenue Supporting Documents
- Ensures that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues while ensuring promotion of full and equal participation of women
- At least a Diploma in Business or social science or its equivalent (from a recognised institution of higher learning, with at least 2-year experience with NGO, preferably in humanitarian or development programme. A degree and/or experience in Business related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Proven practical experience of development programming, including: profitable income generation activities for CBOs, NGOs or other and sustainable livelihood diversification, Proven practical experience of Enterprise development, community training, and mobilisation
- Ability to conduct loan funding assessments as well as client evaluation based on successful loaning requirements, mainly economic context
- Good analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to thoroughly handle multiple tasks at once and ability to plan and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload against competing demands.
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and ability to adapt to rapidly changing external constraints under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively within different value systems and cultures.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Good communication skills in spoken Ng’aturkana will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word and Excel).
- Commitment to abide with the aims and objectives of Neema, APEI and Neema’s Donors and Investors
HR & Recruitment panel
APEI P.O.Box 540-30500