Business Development Nairobi – 5 Vacancies Kenya
Business Development Nairobi
1. Business Development Manager
Our client is a supply chain financing company. They have provided factoring financial services to small and medium companies who supply goods and services on credit terms to well established institutions. Their core mandate is to finance a supplier’s working capital by factoring his invoices or receivables (also known as discounting), or financing his LPO’s on a case by cases basis.
- Be knowledgeable in the SME industry and in particular with the credit risks associated with it
- Be assigned a revenue limit and oversee marketing and client relationships as per the approved business plan and strategy
- Be able to formulate relevant credit risk tools for products, industry and client groupings
- Be able to implement an effective credit risk management grid
- Be able to design client prospect lists for both buyers and suppliers.
- Be able to propose, research and design appropriate credit & liability products
- Able to complete and oversee credit application processing
- Be able to design a client relationship framework with reports and follow-ups
- Liaise closely with Finance and Credit Administration
- Oversee staff that will report to them
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- 2-5 years in a credit position preferably in a banking environment; experience in marketing and managing a portfolio of clients
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- University degree in business or finance required
- CPA or CPK preferred
- Good inter-personal skills
- Strong marketing skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Eager to learn
2.Business Development Manager
Business Development Nairobi
Our client provide a niche and innovative solutions in various industry segments including Retail, Education, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Government and Manufacturing. They are well positioned to understand business processes, styles and ethos of organizations and the business solutions that are needed in a competitive environment.
Their strategic alliances with renowned international I.T. companies give them advantage of access to the latest technologies allowing the client to provide the most innovative, effective and efficient solutions which are beneficial to their customers.
This role is responsible for leading growth, developing and generating new business opportunities in the assigned territory and also maintaining existing customers.
- Meets sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Track results and communicate results to the Head office.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Achieves sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Manage business portfolio according to the agreed market development strategy.
- Analyze and provide market analysis to improve product service positioning and increase effectiveness of the sales team.
- Create and sustain effective collaborative partnerships with all managers and departments.
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
Client relationship management and customer service:
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with relevant staff.
- Solicits feedback regularly from users to monitor users’ (including, client, partner, supplier, prospect, colleague) perceived performance of the products and services provided by him/her/other colleagues, and
- communicates ideas and recommendations for improvement of service and delivery to the immediate manager
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys.
- Develop strong ties with key customers and accounts and be proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact the market
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports on the trends and information.
- Generate reports that easily capture trends and progress
- Facilitate, Conduct Market and technology research in the assigned territory.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends.
- Researches new ways to improve regional-performance, deliver service, problem solving, and reduce costs and response time for users.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales.
Leadership of the Sales Team:
- Lead and develop the sales team to support sales strategies and deliver exceptional, profitable sales growth and results.
- Lead a team of business development executives to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Develop sales targets for each team member and design and implement an incentive structure that meets the needs of both the business and the employee
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring of the regional business development team
- Conduct regular and timely performance appraisals and team meetings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory environment of the territory.
- Identify personal development opportunities and coordinate training needs with the HR department
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary that may be added/ modified from time to-time:
1. Regional Business Development Manager
2. Business Development Executives
4. Head of SIS
5. Head of IIS
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in a business related field.
- Knowledgeable on the existing company markets as well as market segments that can be captured.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in computerize packages.
- Attention to detail with good analytical skills, initiative and a concern for quality.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
- Planning and Organizing Work: Ability to plan all the assigned tasks and prioritize to deliver expected results within the set deadlines.
- Delivers agreed output within the set timelines.
- Clear and concise in written and spoken communication; keeps all relevant people informed of progress in work, presents complex information and concepts in a way which is simple to understand.
- Ability to deliver desired results through others.
- Debt collection on sales
- 3-5 years relevant experience, gained in a reputable organization.
3. Country Manager (Tanzania)
Business Development Dar-es-Salaam
Our client is the leading provider of IT solutions to the East African travel and tourism industry particularly in the field of online booking. Set-up in July 2003, our client is a wholly owned commercial organization company. Over the past 4 years, our client has introduced the latest and most technically advanced products for the Eastern African travel industry. Our client comprises of three operating businesses in Kenya and one in Southern Africa. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of its mother company and was established in May 1997
Sales, Account Management, Marketing Communications & Product Offering: COUNTRY strategy, planning & execution, in close coordination with the General Manager and the client’s Sales and Marketing Manager
- Define the annual COUNTRY commercial plan:
- Define the COUNTRY sales, account management and marketing plan, including the appropriate product offering for each customer segment to meet COUNTRY yearly objectives aiming at achieving the company annual targets in revenue, profits and customer satisfaction
- Communicate the final sales & account management, marketing & product offering plans to the COUNTRY team to ensure timely and successful implementation
- Collaborate closely with and provide regular input and feedback to the Regional Manager Sub Region and Commercial General Manager on the execution of commercial operations (sales, account management, marketing and product plans) to ensure they fulfill the defined commercial objectives & have all the product and marketing support required for the sales & marketing activities.
- Monitor delivery of results to identify possible deviations from the business objectives and define and implement required corrective actions
- Managing senior client relationships and negotiations
The client’s brand & positioning to customers, target customers and providers, with the support of the Regional Manager Sub Region, Commercial GM and the Marketing Communications Manager:
- Position the client’s brand as a customer centric organization and a true IT partner, ensuring effective communication of the branding image across the business and to all relevant parties and in line with corporate (Regional & Global) image.
- Increase awareness of the client, its products, services and company values through targeted communication
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with key decision-making customers to develop opportunities, maintain, and expand business within the accounts
- Act as representative of the company in discussions with Media, Authorities, Customers & Providers.
Operational activities: In close coordination with the client’s Manager, define operational plan for the COUNTRY, covering helpdesk, training and technical support requirements (needs and volume of workload, including outsourced technicians), striving for operational excellence:
- Oversee the COUNTRY technician team daily business / workload to ensure the services provided to customers meet client expectations and SLA’s, including outsourced technicians.
- Oversee the COUNTRY technician team’s involvement in product implementations and roll-outs ensuring adequate planning, infrastructure and material are in place.
- Support productivity improvements through sub-region and regional initiatives.
- Monitor the relationship with local outsourced providers (telecommunications, hardware, 3rd party service or solution providers) ensuring quality assurance, SLA levels fulfillment, and cost-effectiveness of services in line with Regional CWA strategy, policy and guidelines.
- Provide regular input and feedback to the Regional Manager Sub Region and Director of Regional Operations for regional consolidation, synergies-finding and best practice sharing initiatives.
- Work with HD/ Trainer Manager to ensure alignment in servicing customer. Implementation and roll-out of training plan
Country Human Resources: manage and develop COUNTRY team, in coordination with General Manager:
- Assist, guide, motivate and coach COUNTRY team members in their assigned functions.
- Plan and prioritize workload according to objectives, current and future activities, initiatives and projects, allocating resources accordingly,
- In collaboration with the functional Directors, set SMART objectives, regularly review staff performance through Management by Objectives (MBO) review process, following-up objectives for individuals in line with organizational goals.
- Instill a strong orientation to results and customer focus in the team: lead organization change towards consistently delivering on customer segment needs
- Ensure regular internal communication including on the sub-region performance and achievements and future plans and activities, including across the sub-region team units
Country Performance monitoring & regional reporting and budget & financial controlling:
- Monitor COUNTRY sales, account management, product & marketing and operations performance indicators to assess effectiveness of COUNTRY activities against defined goals in full alignment with CWA Regional requirements, providing regular established or ad-hoc reporting to CWA Management.
- In conjunction with Finance and Regional Manager Sub Region
- Prepare for approval annual COUNTRY budget defined to support the execution of the COUNTRY sales & account management, marketing & product and operational plans.
- Contribute to / Provide follow-up reporting spend versus budget with the objective to control and optimize company profitability
- Administration – ensure the business is run to high administrative standards and low levels of risk in the Finance and Administration area of the sub-region and in compliance with group, regional and local standards.
General Manager East Africa:
- To review and obtain approval to overall COUNTRY strategy
- To agree overall COUNTRY key priorities and focus short and mid term
- To review and obtain approval on COUNTRY required resources (short-midterm) and review overall team performance
- To report to on overall COUNTRY performance and objectives achievements
- Report key achievements / learning’s for best practices sharing
Sales & Marketing Manager East Africa
- To receive input, review & validate sales and account management, and marketing & product plans and collaboration required to support COUNTRY execution and fulfillment of its objectives
- To agree on customer segment definitions and prioritization for marketing and product offering, including marketing budgets and plan per segments.
- To monitor and provide feedback to develop as appropriate new or modified commercial / marketing / product strategy, policies, tactics and material
- To monitor and provide feedback on efficiency of marketing communication activities and campaigns
- To agree sub region strategy and implementation
Operations Manager East Africa
- To receive input, review, validate, prioritize, agree and provide feedback on the customer technical short and midterm requirements
- To review and provide feedback on the requirements and quality of training and training plan for the COUNTRY
- To review and agree COUNTRY technical team resource allocation and workload, training and development needs, and performance management
- To review and agree on the appropriate approach for managing COUNTRY IT/technical providers
- To contribute to the long term strategy for operations for the sub-region
Finance Manager East Africa
- To devise annual budget for the COUNTRY (bookings, market share, running costs, etc)
- To receive input and feedback on COUNTRY budget performance
- To provide sub-region reporting as required (budget monitoring, deviations, etc)
- To receive assistance for the elaboration of customer proposals and business cases
- To monitor that sub-region financial and admin processes are followed
- To review and agree on the contribution of sub-region functional Finance & Administration team to the sub-region
- To oversee the daily running of the sub-region office in terms of efficiency (cost, resource allocation)
- Portfolio P&L and growth in EBITDA, bookings, market share
- Unit cost evolution (running costs). Incentives
- Customer segment P&L (customer profitability) and customer growth and retention levels
- Brand perception & preference
- Customer satisfaction & loyalty
- Team management result and satisfaction
- Customers first
- Aiming for excellence
- Working together
- Taking responsibility
- 5 – 7 years in a country management position / generalist position, preferably in a multicultural work setting and customer centric organization
- Proven achievements in customer service-driven environments
- Experience in People Management – motivation of individuals and teams, performance target setting and effectively dealing with performance issues
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
University degree, specialization in business administration; Extensive commercial management experience (strong commercial awareness, ability to define and justify budget requests & business cases for necessary investments); Travel Industry and exposure to IT services companies, Strong understanding of GDS & travel industry trends and success factors an asset; Knowledge of the COUNTRY Market is an asset; Excellent level of written and oral English; Organization and multitasking skills; The ability to work independently or as part of a team; Should be a good learner he or she should have the willingness to acquire knowledge on new technologies to solve quality problems; Should have excellent problem solving and analytical skills; Should possess the sound organizational and planning skills with a solid an attention to detail; He or she should have effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Key Account Manager
Business Development Nairobi
Our client is a leading beverage company, manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of non-alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
- To deal with Key accounts Immediate & Future consumption( IC & FC ) channels
- Develop the strategic Plan for Key Account Business across the country for increasing market share, NSR and ensuring a profitable volume growth by delivering account specific business solution.
- To ensure that region strategies / infrastructure / processes / and capability is in place for the region to function appropriately.
- The link between Senior Management and Junior Management: Responsible for the alignment and co-ordination of the Sales Department with other departments (Finance / HR / Supply chain etc.)
- Entrench Compliance to RED standards
- Formulate Key accounts strategy as per Company guidelines( OGSM)
- Translate the sales Budget into Tangible actions to achieve profitability ,volume and growth
Key Accounts Channel Development & Category management:
- Profitability Volume Growth for the Key Account vs. PY and targets set
- Managed SKU’s through RGM/pack mix management
- Optimized Execution of KA Merchandising standards.
- A picture of success 100% compliance with RED merchandizing standards
- Conducted Customer Business Reviews
- Account Development & Customer Business Development
Financial Management and COEs:
- Formulate Budgets and monitor the expenses
- Managed Performance Coaching
- Managed sales Objectives and Performance Standards agreed.
- Maintained Discipline
- Compliance to TCCQS standards
- Compiled Reports
KPI’s / Quality Requirements:
- Availability , Cooler management & activation
- Key accounts business plan completed in agreed timeframes & format and 100% achieved month on month
- Annually develop the Country Key account Strategy and Marketing plan based on analysis of the market treads and competitive situation
- Ensure Key Account Marketing plans and initiatives deliver the targeted Volumes and Profitable performance
- Commit and sign off with Country Commercial manager, the Key account Monthly Volume on the first Monday of the month
- 100% achievement of set volume targets by Channel and by Key account Manager & monitor daily progress
- Ensured Brand ,package and availability targets are met for Key account
- PICTURE OF SUCCESS/Profitable Channel Management & Developing a channel picture of success in conjunction with KO.’
- Hold a monthly review meeting with entire Team to review Key Account performance against plan
- Attend weekly SOP meeting, alignment with KO
- MDWT level 3 meeting is held weekly with the client’s manager to review the Country’s Sales
- MDWT level 2 meeting with KAM’s is held weekly to review aspects of the Region’
- Formal Market Visits / Developed Schedules to enhance Good Business Relationship Building (CSI Rating)
- Formal Business Reviews/Developed Schedules / Professional Sales Trend Analysis at Customer Level
- Monthly review of customers business objectives
- Ensured tracking of all expenses against Budgets and RE
- Two coaching sessions per month with direct reports & all competency gaps identified per person and addressed
- Bi yearly performance review conducted by end of June and end of November
- KAM’s development plan is captured in the People Plan document and forwarded to HR for filing, within 10 days of performance review
- Quarterly review of team’s development progress against skills acquired through respective training interventions’
- All breaches of IR policies and procedures are acted on within 24 hours
- All grievance & discipline matters are attended to as per ER policies and procedures’
- Ensure all SOP are maintained and up to date
- Responsible for occupation environment and Health and safety in your team
- 100% compliance to internal and external audits
- Ensure that all policies & procedures are implemented effectively
- KAM’s & KA Executive Monthly itinerary are signed off and submitted to the client
- MDC’s 100% accurate order schedule is signed off monthly
- Attend the monthly BRM meeting
- 5 years’ Sales Management experience in FMCG business
- Clean driving license
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- First degree from a recognized university (Business studies) and MBA
- First degree from a recognized university (Business studies) and a member of Professional sales & marketing body
- Commercial & Business acumen: Understanding of the Revenue growth management & Profitability / all other business costs. Strong in Strategic Thinking, Leadership, Communications, Problem Solving & Decision making, Initiative & Follow through, Customer business Analysis. (WFM)
- Product Knowledge: How to pack the product / how many units in a case / product category / product price / product shelf-life, target Market of product / benefits of the product
- Performance Coaching Skills: Must be able to impart capability onto the Key Account managers
- Revenue Growth Management: A thorough understanding of this concept with the ability to develop process for implementation in-trade
- Disciplinary Process: Must be able to manage performance through this process as per the Company / Disciplinary policy
- Administrative Procedures: Applicable knowledge of Company Policy and Procedures
- Computer Skills: Excel / PowerPoint / Word (in order to do Presentations / Customer Letters / Analyzing Sales Figures)
- Talent management: The ability to see potential and employ the correct candidate (Targeted Selection Training)
- Professional Skills: strong in Customer Business Management, Program Execution Management, Direct Sales, Route Settlement, Merchandising , Cold Drink, Pricing & Packaging Strategy.
- Brand & Image Management: Understand consumer behavior / retailer needs (link the two together)
- Leadership Skills: Essential to encourage Teamwork / Individual Development / Corrective Action / Coaching / Rewarding
- Disciplined: Must be able to adhere to routines in order to enforce consistency. Consistently implement Best-Practice
- Innovative and Creative: The ability to take theoretical concepts (E.g. RGM) and apply it downwards into a practical/understandable user-friendly tool and implement it through effective coaching
- Independence: Working independently most of the time / this requires the individual to be a self-starter
- Business Acumen: must be able to have the capability to provide business advice to Key accounts
- HandlingConflict: Dealing with conflicting customers / internal conflict situations with staff/ often acting as a mediator
- Analytical (Intermediate): Must understand basic business concepts; (E.g. Margins / discounts / Pack mix Trends / Volume Variance Analysis) are able to conduct and demonstrate Business. Reviews and analyze sales volume trends by Customer/Sales Representative (implement all the systems)
- Local General Knowledge: Must be familiar with the local culture / geography / socio-economic activities etc.
- Problem Solving Skills: Able to think on one’s feet and remain flexible to solve customer complaints independently. Must understand the boundaries and not over promise what cannot deliver.
- Cultural Influence: Knowledge of the target customers (background/ traditions)
Development Within role:
- Continue with education
- Share Best Practices by spending time in other Regions working with colleagues
- Focus on Developing the Capability Development process and making a success of it
- Management of Key Account Projects
- Present at CMT / KO alignment meetings
- When the client’s Manager is on Leave- must fill in the role
5. Sales & Business Development Executive
Business Development Nairobi
Our client is an independent Unified Payment and Messaging platform Provider offering mobile money transfer, mobile banking and related electronic commerce services. They have been offering electronic money transfer services since 2004, well before the current market acceptability. Our client is a limited liability company incorporated and based in Kenya with subsidiaries in Dubai and New Hampshire USA and representations in 6 other countries.
- Building relationships with corporate clients while collaborating with sales colleagues to maximize revenue opportunities and grow future business.
- Producing innovative ideas and sales strategies to meet client communication objectives.
- Writing and sending proposals, pricing and contracts.
- Occasional travel to meet clients.
- Prospect, develop, and close corporate prospects for the client’s products
- Travel to customer sites to attend requirement gathering meetings
- Professionally present the client’s solutions to corporate clients
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Consistently achieve revenue objectives
- 3-5 years minimum of experience
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION:
- Should have good communication skills,
- Should display willingness to make decisions, good organizations skills,
- Should be initiative, Meeting Sales Goals, Creative, Sales Planning skills,
- Should be able to work Independently,
- Motivation for Sales,
- Should be a good learner he or she should have the willingness to acquire knowledge on new technologies to solve quality problems;
- Should have excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Should possess the sound organizational and planning skills with a solid an attention to detail;
- He or she should have effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- He or she should be presentable and smart in appearance.
- He or she should have experience dealing with decision makers.