Business Development / Marketing Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Our client is an alliance of independent top tier African law firms. It is the largest grouping of its kind in Africa, with close working relationships across its members and an established network of Best Friends across the continent.
Job Objective: The BD/Marketing Assistant will provide support to the team in the Nairobi office.
Conferences & Sponsorship
- Assess potential conference/sponsorship/speaking opportunities and liaise with relevant BD
- Prepare purchase orders and obtain necessary budget approvals.
- Track all conference/sponsorship activity in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Proactively liaise with conference/sponsorship event organisers to confirm support materials and support fulfillment as required
- Assist with conference/sponsorship budget planning and analysis.
- As guided, upload confirmed conference/sponsorship details to intranet, website and LinkedIn.
- As guided, draft internal stories from press cuttings and upload to the intranet
- Maintain press cuttings folder, prepare monthly press cuttings PDF
- Research forward features and media contacts. Update database lists accordingly
- Assist with maintaining directories planning schedules (Chambers, Legal 500 etc).
- Following directories being published prepare internal report, circulate internally.
- Keep Key Facts spreadsheets up to date with relevant information (rankings and quotes)
- Keep Awards spreadsheet up to date. Obtain high resolution logos for awards, populate relevant image databases and upload to website.
- Assist with the production of brochures and briefings
- Create publication thumbnails for website.
- Proof reading.
- Maintain user list (adding/removing users accordingly).
- Design HTML emails for client events
- Maintain image list, replacing photos that contain image(s) of people who have left the firm.
- Upload content (e.g. press releases, publications etc) and tag accordingly.
- Assist with further development of website, as guided
- Liaise with new joiner (fee earners) to ensure their CV has been input to the database in accordance to network guidelines.
- Maintain CV status spreadsheet.
- Conduct regular audit to ensure correct people have been added/removed.
- Obtain photographs of new joiners and check images meet ALN guidelines.
- Cut out images (using Photoshop), re‐size and save in variety of file formats to meet needs (e.g. publications, intranet, PowerPoint, website etc).
- Audit recently purchased images to ensure they have been saved/ uploaded appropriately.
- Sense check and proof read new content added to Deals/Cases database.
- As guided by Business Development Director, audit existing brochures to ensure all can be traced to Deals/Cases database.
- Add note to Deals/Cases database to record which publication(s) information appears in.
- Run Deals/Cases database reports for the BD team.
- Make content changes as directed
- As guided by BD team, prepare meeting agendas and research for bids/pitches: gathering credentials, financials, CVs etc.
- Assist with formatting and checking final bids/pitches using Word template.
- As guided by BD team, add information to Bids/Pitches database.
- Organizing logistics of seminars/travel
- Perform administrative duties for the marketing systems team
- Arranging logistics for choosing and sending gifts
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication
- IT literate
- Diplomatic and calm under pressure
- Team player
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on