Business Development & Marketing Officer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 22, 2014
Our client, a consulting company specialising in the Resources industry is seeking to fill the following position: Business Development & Marketing Officer
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator Africa and oversight from Managing Director the role of the Business Development & Marketing Officer is primarily gathering and analysing information to help identify and define marketing opportunities and problems, as well as generate sales.
The position will sustain close contact with the clients and stakeholders in the Mining, Oil and gas and other business sectors.
In addition they will maintain effective public, website, media, and community relations and serving as the company’s marketing, public affairs and media communications liaison.
- Provide strategic direction to the company’s marketing programs
- Develop, implement and organise marketing activities
- Conduct marketing research
- Liaise with employer and industry group to identify training needs
- Organise and attend marketing events and conferences
- Produce and distribute promotional material including website information
- Create and maintain digital presence for the global company
Qualifications, Knowledge &Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications Journalism, or closely related field and three years’ experience in marketing consulting companies,
- Communications writing and editing public relations materials; or, any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Experience planning and managing events targeting promotion
- Demonstrated marketing experience in the Consulting industry
- Experience Graphic, websites and multimedia
- An established working relationship with industry body and clients
- Highly driven, self-motivated and keen to take initiatives
- Highly developed organisational skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean and six sigma is desirable
- Good understanding of Tenders application process and funding programs
- Excellent computing skills
- Valid driver’s license
Interested candidates should send their application indicating current/last salary and expected salary with a copy of their CV to [email protected] before 25th March 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted