The group of companies invests in projects, within East Africa, across a wide range of sectors including: Food and Agro Processing, Printing and Packaging, Textiles, Leather processing, Pharmaceuticals, Power and Telecommunications.
Job Summary: Reporting to General Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing new and existing business development opportunities within the sector in line with agreed strategies and policies as defined.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, define and investigate new products/opportunities with a view of proposing complete feasibility to the board for possible investment/implementation.
- Analyse any existing projects identified by the company with a view of commercialization.
- Develop and implement strategies, objectives and budgets to exploit business opportunities.
- Analyze business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition and contacts.
- Implement strategies for developing existing products into existing markets as well as new markets.
- Responsible for market intelligence
- Strengthen relations and maintain linkages between customer, sales and marketing and production.
- A Bachelors’ degree in Business or related field
- A Masters degree in Business Administration or related field will be an advantage.
- 3 years experience gained in a relevant capacity.
- Ability to execute multiple business development and marketing campaigns
- Track record of strong performance and ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Innovative thinking
- Commercial acumen and awareness
- Good leadership and organization skills
- Strong verbal & written communication and analytical skills
- Ability to hold a confident and controlled conversation
- Highly motivated, energetic and a self starter
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and an ability to persuade buyers
- Prospecting skills
Interested candidates to send in detailed applications to [email protected] by deadline of 5th September 2014.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted for interviews.