Business Development Manager Career Opportunity
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 10, 2013
Our client, an Insurance Brokerage firm, is looking for a Business Development Manager to work closely with the Executive Management Team to determine company revenues & profits and generally grow the business.
- Develop acquisition strategies that will drive achievement of set targets
- Develop and achieve of sales through the direct sales channel
- Negotiate the best insurance covers and benefits for customers at the most affordable and competitive premiums.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers
- Initiate sales process by building relationships, qualifying potential customers and scheduling appointments.
- Prepare proposals as required by potential customers.
- Provide advice to customers on importance of risk surveys and analysis on various areas to ensure that they are adequately insured.
- Carry out research on policies existing in the industry as well as come up with innovative ideas on new areas requiring insurance, based on customers’ experience
- Contribute information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results, identifying needs to be filled, monitoring competitive products, analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
- University degree in a relevant subject in Commerce/Business Administration
- Professional insurance qualification i.e. ACII or equivalent
- Professional business training
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Proficient communicator at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Technical knowledge of insurance / banking products
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Demonstrate creativity & initiative and require minimal supervision.
- Possess top-level interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain goodwill with customer(s)
If you are a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to varying customer challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work, kindly send your application to [email protected] before the 13th December 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.