Business Development Careers Nairobi
Regional Business Development Managers Careers in Nairobi, Kenya
Our client provide a niche and innovative solutions in various industry segments including Retail, Education, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Government and Manufacturing.
Their strategic alliances with renowned international I.T. companies give them advantage of access to the latest technologies allowing the client to provide the most innovative, effective and efficient solutions which are beneficial to their customers.
This role is responsible for leading growth, developing and generating new business opportunities in the assigned territory and also maintaining existing customers.
- Strategy creation that will provide basis for regional market penetration and growth.
- Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Track results and communicate results to the Head office.
- Recommend, obtain buy-in and implement any changes needed to align the regional plans with the overall strategy.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Manage business portfolio according to the agreed regional market development strategy.
- Analyze and provide market analysis to improve product service positioning and increase effectiveness of the sales team.
- Create and sustain effective collaborative partnerships with all managers and departments.
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with relevant staff.
- Solicits feedback regularly from users to monitor users’ (including, client, partner, supplier, prospect, colleague) perceived performance of the products and services provided by him/her/other colleagues, and
- communicates ideas and recommendations for improvement of service and delivery to the immediate manager
- Carry out customer satisfaction surveys.
- Develop strong ties with key customers and accounts and be proactive in understanding the trends and issues likely to impact the market
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports on the trends and information.
- Generate reports that easily capture trends and progress
- Facilitate, Conduct Market and technology research in the assigned territory.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends.
- Researches new ways to improve regional-performance, deliver service, problem solving, and reduce costs and response time for users.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales.
- Lead and develop the sales team to support sales strategies and deliver exceptional, profitable sales growth and results.
- Lead a team of business development executives to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Develop sales targets for each team member and design and implement an incentive structure that meets the needs of both the business and the employee
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring of the regional business development team
- Conduct regular and timely performance appraisals and team meetings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the regulatory environment of the territory.
- Identify personal development opportunities and coordinate training needs with the HR department
1. Head of Sales and Marketing, Africa
Skills and Certification:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in a business related field.
- Knowledgeable on the existing company markets as well as market segments that can be captured.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in computerize packages.
- Attention to detail with good analytical skills, initiative and a concern for quality.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments.
- Planning and Organizing Work: Ability to plan all the assigned tasks and prioritize to deliver expected results within the set deadlines.
- Delivers agreed output within the set timelines.
- Clear and concise in written and spoken communication; keeps all relevant people informed of progress in work, presents complex information and concepts in a way which is simple to understand.
- Ability to deliver desired results through others.
- Debt collection on sales
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Regional Business Development Manager