Business Deputy General Manager Job in Kenya
Category: Business Mgt Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 27, 2013
Deputy General Manager Job in Kenya
Job Title: Deputy General Manager
Oversee the day-to-day operations as a company’s deputy general manager.
These operations can include negotiating contracts, such as with vendors or prospective employees, assigning tasks, leading meetings and implementing initiatives handed down by the general manager or executives.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- To ensure that all key operational and financial performance targets
- are met or exceeded with the full and sustainable exploitation of commercial opportunities.
- To ensure that all facilities departments are managed effectively and efficiently and that leadership and support is provided as necessary to
- enable the various departments to deliver the highest standards of customer care and service provision.
- To ensure the organisation remains compliant with best practice and legislative requirements, by maintaining a commitment to Health & Safety, environmental policies, employment practices and equal opportunities throughout area of responsibility.
- To ensure that all employees are managed fairly and consistently and in line with HR Policy and Best Practice Guidelines throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Provide strategic leadership to company operations, working with the stakeholders and employees to deliver excellent value to clients and enable the company to maximize its revenue and market share.
- Being instrumental in directing the company towards the company vision and mission and developing a company culture grounded on the preset company core values.
- Develop a dynamic business strategy that is able to deliver sustained growth in respect to both turnover and profitability as envisioned in the strategic plan.
- Play a leading role in the development of a business plan that is aligned to the strategy and market requirements, set targets for team members, continually monitor performance against that plan and take action to remedy underperformance.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of company resources including finances, assets etc.
- In liaison with the Board, develop and institutionalize effective financial controls as well as cost reduction strategies.
- Set, manage and monitor the operational budget in consultation with the executive chairman and other function heads.
- Ensure effective monthly financial reporting to the Board
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and several years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degrees is an added advantage.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in managerial level.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to identify and resolve problems, work well on your own or as part of a team and be able to work well under pressure
- Impeccable leadership and supervision skills, a strong work ethic, familiarity with budgeting.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to [email protected] before end of day 30 August 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted