BTL Linguistics Assistants, Duruma Bible Translator, Business Development Officer and Head Cook Jobs in Kenya
Opportunity to Serve
BTL, a faith-based organisation involved in Bible Translation, Literacy, Language and Community Development is seeking to recruit highly motivated born again Christians of integrity with demonstrated spiritual maturity, a good Christian Standing and a calling to serve to fill the positions below.
1. Linguistics Assistants for Chuka and Taveta
- Basic linguistic work for the Chuka/Taveta languages,
- Community mobilization and creating awareness about the work of Bible Translation and Language Development,
- The Linguistics Assistant will work closely with the Chuka/Taveta Language Development Steering Committees, the Local Church, the Local Community and other relevant Stakeholders in the orthography development process.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, a Diploma in Linguistics, Translation, or any other related field with relevant experience may be considered.
- Excellent speaker and knowledge of the language (Chuka or Taveta) will be an added advantage
- Excellent mobilization skills,
- Excellent report writing and computer skills,
- Good research skills.
- Translate scriptures in Duruma Language in a natural, clear, and accurate manner.
- Work closely with the project staff, Translation Specialists, the Local Church, Local Community and other relevant Stakeholders.
- A First Degree in Theology or Biblical Studies or a diploma in Biblical Studies with work experience.
- Introductory Course to Translation Principles (ICTP) certificate will be an added advantage
- Excellent speaker of Duruma language
- Should have a valid license and ability to ride a motor cycle
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Carry out feasibility studies and determining viable income generating projects
- Develop and execute Business proposals and guidelines for BTL
- Identify business opportunities for BTL at national and project level
- Coordinate Marketing and sales of BTL products and services
- First degree in B Com (Marketing Option) or Business with strengths in Marketing
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Three years relevant experience
- Flexible and creative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel in remote areas
- Driving licence
- In the absence of the sous chef, he/she shall be in charge of all the kitchen operations (Production, Service and Controls).
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Diploma in food production or catering management from a recognised hospitality institution.
- Three years experience working in a busy kitchen. Having worked in a busy ala cart kitchen or having knowledge in pastry or bakery is an added advantage.
- One year in the same position as a head cook (Chef De Partie) and above in a recognised hotel.
Bible Translation and Literacy,
On email: [email protected]