Bridge International Academies Recruiting and Training Associate
Posted: Oct 2, 2013
Bridge International Academies Recruiting and Training Associate (Part-Time) Job in Nairobi Kenya
Associate, Recruiting and Training
Bridge International Academies
Short Term Contract
Duration: 3 Months ( with possibility of extension)
The Recruiting and Training Associate will be responsible for the marketing, recruiting and training of teachers and Academy Managers to work at over 130 Bridge International Academies across the country.
Recruitment and Training occurs in a very fast-paced environment and requires a dedicated and hardworking Associate.
- Market and recruit leads in the community to participate in a multi-week training program aimed at training and hiring successful teachers and Academy Managers.
- Vet candidates for the training by administering, marking and recording selection assessment during the recruitment drive.
- Work with Data Entry and Call Centre staff to inform all passed trainees of their invitation to training.
- Provide daily training and facilitation, following highly detailed guidelines and word-for-word scripts to train a large group of new teachers.
- Observe trainees during lesson practice and fill out observation forms to be used as part of their evaluation assessments.
- Evaluate trainees’ performance using their assessment and practice scores and give appropriate feedback and coaching for improvement.
- Provide weekly feedback on training content, actively tracking specific needs for improvement in video, handouts, and PPT sessions.
- Manage the overall daily operations of the training room, from room set-up, to trainee management and attendance to data management to assistance with hiring decisions and issuing of contracts.
- Invigilate, mark and input weekly assessment test scores into the database.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of teachers and Academy Managers after the training through academy visits and detailed observations and audits.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum of two years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience, preferably in education or training
- Must have experience leading training sessions, preferably for groups of 50 or more adult participants
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Results-oriented with a “can do” attitude; willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Experience working within low income communities or slums
- Experience delivering complex trainings to individuals with less formal education and work history, different educational backgrounds, skills levels and economic status
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be comfortable giving and receiving detailed feedback in order to improve performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- While your presence may be required at headquarters for a few days, your job requires you to travel around Kenya 100% of the time for recruitment drives or to live at a residential training site.
- Able to work long hours, including every Saturday and/or Sunday during the recruiting and training cycles.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, October 4th , 2013