Brand Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 3, 2013
Company Profile: Our Client is a worldwide co-leader of in premium brands
Job Title: Brand Manager
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Contributing to strategic and tactical brand plan development and implementation on the company portfolio.
Coordinating the implementation of approved annual brand plans in the main On Trade and Off Trade Channels
Brand Planning and Management: Assist the Marketing Manager in delivering the annual brand plans for the portfolio of key brands.
Contribute to the development of innovative consumer programs (which include above the line, below the line and trade facing programs) including an inclusion of influencer marketing activities.
Assist with development and implementation of a digital plan per brand with focus on Social Media and content generation
Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities and activation strategies
Reporting: Assist in the analysis and reporting of competitor activities and market trends to identify salient business issues/ opportunities, working with Area Sales/ Marketing teams as necessary
Collaboration & Integration: Coordinating cross-functional internal and agency working teams to ensure activities are in compliance with approved brand plans
Other Functional Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the efficient management of brand A&P budgets (do more with less)
- Communications of brand standards, plans, strategy, and marketing programs to key stakeholders (internal & external)
- Regular brand performance and health reviews, tracking and reporting
- Approve tactical marketing activities in consultation with the Marketing Manager
- Assist in managing various brand initiatives execution
- Assist in sponsorship management & execution in coordination with Events team
- Support the commercial and Marketing team with POS, product and other logistics for brand programs as required
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree-preferably in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing.
- Professional Chartered of Marketing accreditation will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Powerpoint and Excel
- Minimum 5 years solid marketing experience in Multi-national FMCG environment
- Solid experience in strategy/ brand development, including brand positioning and brand building activities
- Should be able to make presentations to the press and clients
- Good understanding of digital marketing
- String leadership/ management skills
- String business acumen
- Sense of entrepreneurship
- String project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as outstanding aptitude for time management
- Thoroughness, creativity, interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills as well as proficiencies in problem solving, and the ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and ready to work late nights and on weekends
All interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.