Bernsoft Kenya – Commercial Manager
Posted: Jun 27, 2013
Bernsoft Kenya is an integrated business solution consulting and software development (limited liability) company founded and managed by very focused and globally experienced IT professionals having very strong and unmatched business process knowledge in variety of industries and business environments, entrepreneurial skills, experience and expertise in the cutting-edge technologies, software development, business management, operations.
Title: Commercial Manager
Division: Commercial Division
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
This person is charged to lead and manage the sales and customer service functions of the business.
Alongside the CEO and other HODs, s/he should co-own the strategic leadership of Bernsoft ensuring the maintenance, growth and support profitable sales in line with business targets across all revenue centres.Main Dutiesat Bernsoft Kenya
- To build the business through sales and marketing of existing and new products to existing and new customers
- To achieve KPIs, including sales targets
- To develop and build relationships with current and new customers
- To develop the business profile by enhancing, informing and changing the customer perspective of Bernsoft strengths and product ranges
- To identify products that will satisfy customer needs in conjunction with the production teams
- To devise and deliver promotional activities and marketing and assist at trade and promotional events
- To identify and develop potential partner companies to increase the range of products offered by Bernsoft including factored products
- To understand the competition and provide market intelligence reports
- To head up and lead the commercial team including wholesale, national accounts and product development
- To manage the commercial team including recruitment, selection, development, training, performance management and succession planning
- To report to the management team and regularly attend management meetings
Bernsoft Kenya Customer Service
- To provide professional and effective services to internal and / or external customers, to meet customer expectations, particularly in terms of Quality and Timeliness in line with departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- To provide follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products and / or services provided
- To communicate courteously with internal and / or external customers by telephone, email and face to face, building positive relationships, investigating, responding to and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion at the earliest time.
- To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
- To work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards.
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organization to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
- Strong selling, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong relationship building, networking and account management skills
- Strong skills in business growth
- Commercially and financially aware
- An understanding of marketing
- Creative problem solving
- Strong team leadership skills to lead, motivate and manage a team
- Good numerical and costing skills
- Dealing with external customers.
- Liaising with internal departments to bring content acquisition queries to a satisfactory closure.
Dimensions / Budgets
- Ensure that the jobs undertaken are carried out within previously approved budgets
- Work outside of normal business hours and travel to customer sites will be required.
How to apply: Email your CVs accompanied with a cover letter to [email protected] before Wednesday, July 3, 2013.Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.