BBC Monitoring Journalist Job in Karen, Nairobi, Kenya (KShs 121K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 21, 2014
BBC Monitoring, Karen, Nairobi
BBC Monitoring’s Nairobi office is responsible for gathering news and information from the mass media across Africa and the Middle East around the clock.
We are seeking to engage an experienced editor with an excellent command of the English language and a second language, which may be Kiswahili, Arabic, Somali, French, Amharic or Tigrigna, both written and spoken.
- University degree in journalism or mass communication from a reputable university
- At least three years professional experience
- Demonstrated sharp editorial skills
- A passion for news and international affairs, with excellent knowledge of
- East Africa and at least one other area of Africa or the Middle East
- Demonstrated familiarity with social media. Ability to exploit social media
- for research and knowledge of data visualization will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Office applications. Strong keyboard skills.
- Proven excellent planning and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to work well within a team in a culturally diverse environ ment.
The gross starting salary for this position is Kshs 121,056.
Short-listed candidates will be required to sit editorial, translation and general knowledge tests at our Karen offices.
Successful candidates will later be invited for an interview.
To apply send a full CV and letter of application, illustrating in full your suitability for the job.
The deadline is 22 March 2014.
Please email your CV and letter to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
BBC is an equal opportunities employer.