Bar Manager (Non-Alcoholic Drinks Bar) Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
Position: Bar Manager (Non-Alcoholic Drinks Bar)
Company Profile: Our Client is s a privately owned group of companies that has diversified since its inception and has vastly grown to become a group of companies providing products and services in the following sectors
- Hotels & Conferencing
- Tours & Safaris
- Bakery products (cakes)
- Driving School and car rental
- Events and banqueting
Purpose of the job: To manage the Non-alcoholic Bar and its staff creating a vibrant atmosphere through seamless service and attention to detail, bringing energy, creativity and innovative thinking to the running and development of the bar.
Key Responsibilities will be to:
- To assist in setting budgets for the bar, communicate these to the team and implement strategies to achieve daily targets.
- Contribute to the achievement of margins at targeted levels.
- Maintain low wastage levels through good stock management and rotation, accurate recording, training and active monitoring.
- Run bar shifts, assisting and guiding staff to deal with issues and complaints and ensuring members’ and guests’ experiences exceed expectations.
- To analyse daily/weekly/monthly beverage sales identifying opportunities for increasing profitability and maximising revenue.
- Managing till operation and cash up.
- Prepare daily / weekly reports as required.
- To plan rotas that will ensure high service levels are maintained whilst controlling costs
- Regularly create drinks/cocktail menus that are new and inspiring.
- Regularly conduct research on the local market and develop and implement ideas to maximise revenue generation.
- Contribute ideas to calendar of events.
- Lead and manage the bar staff on a daily basis, communicating daily targets and taking responsibility for maintaining high standards of quality, health and hygiene.
- Foster an environment where improvements to products, processes and service are welcomed and encouraged.
- Conduct briefings and training to ensure that staff have strong product knowledge and are able to up sell and deliver service to the standards required.
- Monitor, review and feed back on individuals’ performance, set and review objectives in line with the performance review and induction process
- Work to develop team members according to their individual abilities and potential.
- Coordinate and control all aspects of stock deliveries and keep accurate and up to date records.
- Regularly liaise with the stock taker to ensure the monthly accounts are accurate and the receipt and administration of all deliveries is up to date.
- Manage the cellar and stock storage areas, ensuring they are secure, neat and clean at all times.
- Liaise with the other managers to ensure tight stock control and budgeted margins are achieved.
- Deliver an adaptable atmosphere for our broad spectrum of members and guests
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all members and guests and handle complaints, requests and enquiries.
- Act as a brand ambassador for the company and ensure group values are upheld to both external and internal contacts, through appropriate behaviour and performance.
Health and Safety
- Contribute to the formulation and review of risk assessments for the Bar.
- Take responsibility for monitoring and reporting any health and safety issues to the appropriate person.
- Operate safe practices, act as a role model and provide guidance to staff to ensure that their safety and that of members and guests is protected.
- To support colleagues at peak times and to undertake any operational duty which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer expectations are met.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Senior Management team, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
How to Apply
To apply for this position send your CV to [email protected] quoting the position in the subject line.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted