- Identify new and potential business opportunities and ensure that opportunities with existing clients are not lost to competitors.
- Source for market information and monitor product development and pricing of competitors
- Assist in development of innovative financial packaging for clients, to counter competitive pressures.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the corporate industry by Collecting and analyzing vital data from client’s annual reports, management accounts, interim reports and Newspapers.
- Act as adviser to management on all aspects of assigned accounts relationships.
- Assess and recommend high quality credit facilities for clients and potential clients
- Oversee completion of all related security documentation in conformity with Credit Policy requirements with a view to maximizing earnings and minimizing bad debts.
- Initiate and monitor Customer/Bank contact at all levels for assigned clients to ensure the highest standards of service is maintained
- Ensure continued safety of advances by regularly auditing all security documentation and inspecting assets charged
- Improve the credit rating profile of assigned lending portfolio, in particular to upgrade watch list accounts to risk rating “1”.
- Train, direct and motivate assigned staff (Assistant RMs) in order to assist in meeting customer requirements and to increase their efficiency, competence and productivity.
- Act as efficient back up for assigned back-up relationships.
- University degree in Economics/ Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration
- Professional qualification in AKIB, Credit Management or Accounting is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years marketing and lending experience in Corporate Banking or similar business line in Banking.
- Corporate Competence: Working knowledge of the Bank’s products, the Bank’s Credit policy and CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Financial Analysis Skills: Strong analytical skills, can interpret financial statements and advice accordingly.
- Business and Investment Appraisal Skills: Have attention to detail with ability to conceptualize financial investment proposals, providing viable solutions.
- Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in computerized financial analysis applications.
- Industry knowledge: Candid knowledge of the various sectors of the economy and the investment opportunities.
- Goal driven and results oriented: Enjoys being measured, and judged by financial and other performance targets.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair and just with self and others, and demonstrates integrity in work and business contacts.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal Skills: Great interpersonal skills with ability to interact with key contacts in finance sector.
- Proactive Initiator: Must be a self-starter with ability to see, grasp and advice on opportunities.
All communication relating to application for these positions should be addressed to: [email protected]
On the subject matter of the email, ensure you indicate the position you are applying for.
Applications should be received by 15th September 2014.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.