Bank SME Relationship Officer Job Vacancy Kenya
Category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 1, 2013
Bank SME Relationship Officer Job in Kenya
SME Relationship Officer (Bank)
The purpose of this role is to achieve business growth for the Bank by selling Business Banking Unit products within assigned market segments and by promoting and selling other products and services of the Bank to enhance value-added relationship with existing customers.
Reporting to the Head of SME Banking or to the Branch Manager
Strategy: Support the branches in increasing business in the sectors and segments allocated to him.
Acquisition: Business Development
Grow the bank’s liabilities, assets and NFI in the SME banking sector.
Promote active utilization of the bank’s Credit and Treasury facilities to existing and potential clients.
Play key role in product development relevant to the SME Banking sector.
Evaluate credit proposals and oversee the credit applications process on a timely basis with the bank’s set turnaround times.
Effectively manage and expand the relationships with existing SME banking clients and bringing in new partnerships so as to ensure business growth and continuity.
Ensuring continuous improvement in customer service and implementing effective retention of customers within the corporate banking framework.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Working closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against business risks associated with corporate banking.
- Developing and continuously reviewing business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance.
- Safeguard and promote the bank’s image with the general public.
Customers of this Position: SME Clientele
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Business graduate from an accredited University preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics.
- Post Graduate degree (MBA, Masters in Finance / Strategy).
- Proven experience of at least two years in a similar position.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Information gathering, monitoring and analytical skills;
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills;
- Decision Making Skills
Competencies required for this Role
- Emotional Intelligence; Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent selling skills
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks
- Relationship Management skills with excellent Human Relations skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A passion for performance, building team play, and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent leadership, organizational, and planning skills
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Analytical; Self Driven
Salary: Kshs. 50,000 – 100,000 (Negotiable)
Send Resume to [email protected] before COB, 3rd Sept, 2013