Assisted Partner Notification Services Study CCC Counsellors Jobs in Kenya
Assisted Partner Notification Services which is a partnership between the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP), Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH), and the University of Washington is currently seeking qualified and competent persons to fill the following positions for a clinical trial about HIV.
- For appointment to the post of CCC Counselor, a candidate must;
- Hold Certificate in HTC or Voluntary Counseling and Testing from NASCOP
- Hold at least a diploma in: Nursing, psychology, sociology, Social Sciences, Community Work, Public Health, or other related fields.
- Experience in Home-Based Counseling and Testing is desirable
- Experience in social work and research projects will be an added advantage
- Have at least one year work experience in HTC service provision
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Screen and enroll into the study eligible HIV positive clients at the CCC site
- Be responsible for follow up of sexual partners identified by either home visits or phone calls
- Capable of performing HTC during home visits for the sexual partners
- Ensure they are conversant with the protocol and Standard operation procedures of the study
- To provide on-going counseling and make relevant referrals for on-going support including Home Based Care, medical clinics, TB clinics, support groups, post test clubs.
- Documentation of clinic, home visits and phone calls on source documents and CRFs
- Safeguard source documents and CRFs and ensure data quality
- Involved in community engagement activities and meetings on APS
- Prepare reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly to the Study coordinator
- To meet the agreed targets
- Any other duties as directed by study coordinator
Interested individuals who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications via email to [email protected] along with copies of their updated CVs by 28th February, 2014, 5PM indicating the title on the subject line and the envelope.
Assisted Partner Services study.