Assistant Magazine Editor Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 11, 2013
Our Client is recruiting an Assistant Magazine Editor
- Bachelors Degree in journalism, English or related field.
- 5 years minimum experience in editing, journalism or editorial research.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent personnel management skills.
- Diplomacy and conflict resolution.
- A team player
- Possess leadership skills.
- Continuously maintain and improve the profile of the magazine in the market share.
- Oversee and co-ordinates the publication process including communicating with editors, authors and printers.
- In charge of ensuring the, magazine is up to the publishers standard and approving of proofs.
- Serves as a liaison between the department writers, printers or publishers.
- Ensure that the articles submitted by writers are timely and of high content. Quality.
- Continuously engage with publishers and enforce best publishing practices in order to remain competitive and profitable.
- Liaising with the management director or directors in coming up with new ideas to improve the mode of circulation to increase sales.
- Manage quality control of overseeing the artwork, design, illustrations, and photos that go with each article and occasionally attending photo- shoots.
- Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of articles to edit and review the work of writers.
- Coming up with new ideas on content, expanding revenue base for the magazine and exhibition.
- In charge of PR activities during the exhibitions and other duties assigned.
- The incumbent should be able to meet magazine deadlines for both print and advertising.
- Should be able to work on a yearly flat plan and stories.
- Selling both advertising and exhibition space.
- Ability to engage in sales and marketing activities for both exhibition and magazine.
- Be able to multitask and be able to bring prime clients and sponsorships to the group.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
If you feel you fit the above role,please send your CV to [email protected]