IT Assistant Job in Nakuru Kenya
Category: IT Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 5, 2014
Position: IT Assistant
Job Ref No: 01/03/14
Industry: Oil and petroleum
Our client, a leading supplier of oils and petroleum products in East Africa and has one of the most well established distribution network in Africa is looking for an experienced individual to fill the IT Assistant position.
Road Transport – Onboard Computers (OBC) Management – Mix telematics and Navisat:
- Installation, configuration, Calibration and Repair of Mix telematics OBC’S.
- Ensuring that all OBC’s – Mix telematics / Navisat are properly working in all Trucks.
- Repair and maintain all OBC’s.
- In charge of OBC debriefing with the Drivers before review of Journey plan by the RTM.
- In conjunction with the RTM, be actively involved and participate in Drivers’ Journey plan management.
- Actively participate in the weekly Drivers’ Tool Box meetings.
- As part of the Road Transport Team, comprising the HSSE Manager and RTM, you will be required to actively participate in Fleet management.
- Configure LAN, troubleshoot networking problems and ensure that all computer users are connected.
- Handle minor hardware and software repairs.
- Internet configuration and trouble shooting.
- Offer IT support including updating of website, VOIP, teleconference equipment and related functions.
- Email configuration and support.
- Assist with the installation and administration of servers, server storage, network equipment, workstations, software applications, and printers.
- Administer user accounts and security. Manage User accounts in Microsoft outlook, local operating systems and phone system plus Antivirus.
- Troubleshoot and resolve VoIP and Network problems, mapping printers on the network.
- Perform duties necessary to support the company’s information systems including workstations, servers, network equipment, and phone systems of the corporate office and its remote locations.
- At least 3 years experience in IT experience from oil and petroleum &transport industry.
- University degree or Diploma in Information technology
- Experience in road transport-OBC management.
If you meet the entire mentioned job criteria kindly send your CV and application quoting the Job Reference Number to [email protected] before 10th March, 2014.
Indicate the position applied for, your current and expected salary on the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.