Assistant Electrical Engineer Job in Kenya
Our Client, an electrical engineering firm is seeking a dynamic individual with strong Marketing/business development skills, supervisory, planning and organizing skills, interpersonal and communication skills and a team player to fill the position of Assistant Electrical Engineer (Projects).
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Provide technical support in the execution of special projects and assignments and also work with the implementation team to drive various new organization-wide project initiatives;
- Design, provide estimates and install special electrical projects;
- Supervise and lead teams in various electrical projects.
- Undertake electrical audits and inspections of major electrical installations as well as domestic installations, and make recommendations/process certification;
- Undertake repair and maintenance jobs of electrical nature
- Maintain and control various electrical tools/instruments/equipment and train team on usage;
- Follow up on implementation of electrical projects by external contractors within the Company for compliance with standards;
- Observe and enforce health and safety procedures and requirements at the work place.
- Effective control of funds for materials, works and labor.
- Competitive tendering and pricing of works.
- Business Development & Customer Relationship management
- Identify and execute potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities, seeking and filling advertised tenders and following up to close deals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with clients and monitor their needs and those of the market to identify growth opportunities.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of company resources including finances, assets etc.
- Set, manage and monitor the operational budget in consultation with the managing director
- Develop and implement sound procurement systems that ensure transparency and competitive procurement of quality materials. This will be coordinated in liaison with the managing Director.
- Procuring of materials for various projects/works.
- Higher National Diploma in electrical engineering , bachelor’s degree will be added advantage
- 3 years relevant experience, preferably working with a contractor
- Must have knowledge in competitive project tendering as well as management.
- Up to date knowledge of industrial and domestic electrical projects’ regulations.
- Willing to travel for work anywhere in the country and be able to beat deadlines.
- Must be computer literate and have a valid and clean driving license
- Must have administrative skills
- Knowledge in Project Management software and Auto CAD.
- Strong business acumen
- Customer centric
- High integrity