Artist & Repertoire (A&R) Representative Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 17, 2014
Artist & Repertoire (A&R) Representative
An artist and repertoire (A&R) representative works to scope out and hire local talent.
Reps may find these artists in a variety of ways, including holding auditions to locate the very best talent
A&R representatives listen to artists’ demos and arrange live auditions for musicians whose demos they like.
They may also research artists who are nearing the end of contracts with other labels to determine whether their record companies might be interested in making an offer.
A&R representatives may also be responsible for arranging contracts with new talent and establishing relationships with artists on behalf of the company once they are signed.
They may provide creative input to artists, such as suggesting songs for new albums or providing insight as to the overall direction of their careers.
Some A&R representatives may also find producers and recording studios for artists and create a recording budget for new projects.
Organize and publicize events for the artists
Responsible for ensuring that the right music is selected for the recording artist to continue to be successful.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, communications, business, marketing or public relations
- Experience in the music and record business
- Passionate about music and knowledgeable about the field.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills as well.
- Able to identify raw talent and evaluate whether a musician’s skills and style will match audience tastes.
- Have contacts with the media
- Broad understanding of various musical genres.
- An understanding of songwriting and production concepts and arrangement.
Email CV and salary requirements to [email protected] with “A&R” in the subject line