Artist Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 12, 2014
Artist manager is responsible for negotiating contracts and fees, finding and booking events and venues that match the artist’s career strategy, advising on career decisions, publicity and promotion, helping them on career decisions such as which record producer to work with, or which songs to perform, and managing media relations on their behalf.
The Artist Manager works on behalf of groups or artists to promote the artists’ careers and run their business affairs.
Their job is to secure the best work for their clients, for the best fee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining the artist’s business status and recommending/negotiating with a business entity
- Attend the artists’ performances.
- Coordinating the artists’ live performances and appearances
- Formulating and marketing the artist’s image
- Building a strong reputation for good client services, and attracting more top performers
- Mapping out a career plan for the artist; establishing career goals
- Negotiating and securing a recording contract
- Evaluating and filling the artist’s personnel requirements
- Establishing merchandising and commercial relations
- Represent artists, and cultivate relationships with music industry decision makers on their behalf.
- Negotiate deals, and support and guide the artists’ careers by counseling and advising the artists on matters related to their music career
- Seek to add value to the artist by ensuring they are able to focus purely on writing and
- Handle press and TV enquiries and continually work in building the artist’s public profile
- Listen to artists’ demos and arrange live auditions for musicians whose demos they like.
- Making suggestions for improvements in a recording
- Helping with instrumentals (if the manager has experience musically)
- Overseeing all creative aspects of the process
Qualifications & Skills
- A degree in Business, Marketing or Communication
- Experience working and interacting in the media industry
- Established contacts within the media industry
- 2 years work experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to spot commercial potential
- A broad understanding of various musical genres.
Email CV and salary requirements to [email protected] with “Artist Manager” in the subject line.