Architect Job Vacancy in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 4, 2014
Job Summary: The purpose of this position in the organization is to ensure creation of unique and acceptable designs within the customer needs and expectations by inspiring the production team and supervising their work so as to deliver within set deadlines.
It involves direct contact with the client to understand their needs and overall supervision of projects at the site.
- Attend brief initial meetings with clients to understand their needs
- Initial site visit to get details about access, infractructure such as sewer,location,climatic factors,soil.topography etc to facilitate conceptualization of the design
- Conceptualization of client briefs, preparation of preliminary design and outline proposal
- Assume the lead consultant role, schedule meetings, take minutes and distribute through mails
- Draw scheme design for approval at the local authority
- Send out contractor tenders, shortlist and evaluate, visit contractor site and award in the presence of client
- Outsource the Quantity surveyor, structural and surface engineer
- Prepare and negotiate with the client the consultant’s contract,terms,deliverables,duties,timelines,scope of works and the fees and the breakdown of the total contracts sum
- Overseas the site handover work from client to contractor
- Organise and attend site meetings for supervision and inspection on a weekly basis
- Prepare progress reports for the client and send them promptly
- Monitor the actual project cost versus the budgeted cost
- Handover site to client at the end of the project
- In-charge of supervising technicians and model makers during production of schematic drawings, physical and electronic models
- Verify the accuracy and practicality of designs/drawings going to the site
- Handle correspondences and any other mails from within or from the contractor office or client
- Report the progress of the project to the management
- Any other as may be prescribed from time by your supervisor
- Supervising assistant architect, Technical and model makers.
- Must have a Bachelor of Architecture degree
- More than three years experience
- Ability to troubleshoot site challenges through early identification of issues and amicably solve them at minimal cost
- Ability to cope with multiple production demands
- Good supervision skills of the technicians and model makers
- Independent, reliable and hardworking
- Should be creative, analytical and detailed
- A team player
Starting salary is 100k+ depending on experience.
Remember to indicate the job title in the subject field.