Architect and Design Job Vacancy
Posted: Aug 22, 2013
Architect & Design Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
A well – established Design and Construction company with projects in various parts of the country seeks to recruit a qualifiedArchitect & Design Manager based in Nairobi.
He/She will form part of an existing team in providing the following:
Sourcing for clients / work / projects in addition to strategic positioning the company in the market.
Be the overall leader of the design department thus will undertake all execution, supervision and leadership of the team.
Interpretation of architectural, structural, civil and electro – mechanical drawings and sketches.
Preparation and/or supervision of project valuations, variation notices and final accounts.
Approval/vetting of building materials and technologies for the best execution of projects and at the most reasonable costs.
Supervision and liaison with project managers in regard to effective use of materials and technologies together with building a strong construction team, equipment capacity and suppliers base.
Short listing, appointment and liaison of all consultants and contractors.
Take all site/project minutes, dissemination and the subsequent follow up.
Recommendation of new design software and hardware requirements to aid in the design process.
Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time aimed at meeting the general obligations of the company and the general welfare of all staff.
- A Degree in Architecture and or design
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy practice in architectural design, construction or civil projects
- Membership to the relevant professional body of Architects
- Project management qualification or certification is an added advantage
- Proficiency in ArchiCAD 17 (especially BIM) and above is must
- Ability to use other graphic presentation softwares will be an added advantage
- Strong planning and organising skills including a thorough and methodological approach and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for excellence, creativity and innovativeness
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse and dynamic team
Applications and CV indicating your last/current salary should be submitted preferably via email to: [email protected]
or P.O. Box 16491 – 00100 Nairobi
on or before 30th August, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DDBL was founded in May 2002 and is the pioneer provider of design and build services in Kenya.
Our service is known for excellence.
We have been quite successful in turn key projects offering Architectural services, Building construction, Road Construction, Water & Sanitation, Electrical & Power and civil works.