Application Developer Job in Kenya
Reporting to the Principal Service Development Engineer the purpose of the role holder shall include activities relating to the application development and evolution of existing service applications including integration to related service platforms.
Other activities include application development for marketing campaign promotions.
- Requirement specification – eliciting & analyzing user requirements;
- Design – application functional designs;
- Develop – development as per user requirement specification and integration to other service platforms;
- Validation & Verification – oversee the assurance of application functional logic, data processing and error management;
- Liaise with software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems;
- Liaise with network administrators, information security to maintain network availability and integrity of the web applications;
- Track software advisories and releases to ensure application integrity;
- On a weekly basis report on the KPI of the applications & web services;
- Track web services KPI to ensure optimal service performance and plan for growth in capacity or licenses.
- BSc. Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT;
- Extensive experience with Java/C++ programming language;
- Extensive experience with Oracle database – data structures, relational data model, ACID, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL;
- Experience with application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications;
- Experience in software life-cycle development (SDLC);
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server and SOA;
- Preferred experience with Solaris, UNIX OS’s;
- Preferred knowledge and practical experience of application development on TIBCO/WebLogic environment;
- Candidate should have at least 2-3 years of experience in application development.
The Head of Talent and Resourcing,