AMREF Job in Nairobi Kenya – Child & Reproductive Health (C&RH) Program
Posted: Sep 9, 2013
AMREF Program Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya – Child & Reproductive Health (C&RH) Program
AMREF is the largest indigenous health development non-governmental organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, AMREF aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health.
AMREF is headquartered in Nairobi, and has Programs in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Sudan, South Africa and West Africa. Employing over 800 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $90 million, AMREF is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
Are you ready for a challenge to help bring lasting health change in Africa?
Come join a dynamic team if you are an organized, highly-motivated and results-oriented individual for the position of Program Monitoring & Evaluation Officer under the Child & Reproductive Health (C&RH) Program.
Ref. No: KCO/M&E/CRH/007/2013
The position reports to the M&E Manager and is based in Nairobi.
Purpose of the Job:- To provide M&E technical expertise and support Program activities and implementation in close collaboration with the Program team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Participate in strengthening existing M&E systems in the C&RH Program and at the AMREF Kenya Country Office level.
- Support projects to set up M&E systems to capture key performance indicators for purposes of regular reporting and data use at the point of collection.
- Provide technical input in preparation and review of donor and projects reports.
- Act as the M&E technical lead for C&RH Program planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Conduct on-site and off-site mentorship and provide M&E support to Project Managers and their teams in the specific projects.
- Support projects in implementation of quality improvement activities.
- Support project implementation teams in operations research, documentation of lessons learnt and best practices.
- Ensure Program integration and growth by participating in meetings, conferences and provide support in proposal development.
Qualifications and Competencies:-
The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Statistics, Social Sciences or its equivalent with four (4) years of relevant work experience.
Should have professional training in M&E.
The person should possess quantitative and qualitative skills, advanced report writing skills, excellent database management skills (SQL, Access, Excel), and exceptional analytical skills (STATA, SAS or SPSS).
Must have experience in project management and be conversant with various donor and government M&E systems.
Should be self-motivated, proactive, ability to prioritize and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated, hardworking and development-oriented professional.
If you meet the qualifications specified above, please quote the position and reference number in the subject matter and send your application letter and CV that includes remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees to the
Human Resources Manager,
via this e-mail: [email protected]
The closing date for submitting applications is 13th September, 2013
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials to your application.
You are not required to pay any fees to apply for jobs in AMREF.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
For more information visit our website www.amref.org