AMHF Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Background: AMHF is a non-governmental organization whose main mandate is to conduct mental health research to inform policy and practice in mental health.
Position Summary: The RMO will work in close collaboration with the CEO’s office, and in close coordination with the Finance office to spearhead the database of our current donors as well as identify/look out for and solicit prospective ones.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Develop a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy for AMHF and establish resource mobilization and fundraising targets.
- Establish and project financing gaps for AMHF’s projects and programs to inform planning, organizational effectiveness and sustainability; liaise with the Finance team in compiling and synthesizing programmatic work plans that contribute to the overall resource mobilization strategy.
- Manage the proposal development process to ensure it is well coordinated and consistent with internal program priorities and donor priorities.
- Identify both local and international funding sources.
- Determine and manage donor funding cycles, policies and conditions.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive database of donor organizations, corporations, foundations, high net worth individuals and update donor profiles.
- Support the mobilization of resources from both local and international bilateral and multilateral donors, philanthropic foundations, and other sources.
- Prepare reports for the senior management team on resource mobilization activities, such as the trends of contributions to AMHF from donors
- Build and maintain relations with donors, including developing regular donor updates. Assist in streamlining the preparation of proposals for donor funding for AMHF
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work on performance based targets for resource mobilization
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Minimum Bachelors Degree from a recognized University in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Marketing.
- Three years and above of resource mobilization and fundraising experience.
- High level experience in international relations, including working in resource mobilization and fundraising in the private sector or NGOs.
- Experience in donor relations and sound understanding of the donor financing environment, processes and priorities.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Duration of engagement: 18 months with a probation period of 3 months.