American Embassy Nairobi Job Vacancy
The U.S. Embassy to Kenya opened in 1964. Through fourteen Ambassadors since then, the Embassy has enriched the ties between the American and Kenyan people and served the needs of Americans in and around this East African hub. Chief among the U.S. Mission’s goals are fostering the development of a sound Kenyan economy, strengthening the institutions of Kenyan democracy, helping to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS, and promoting U.S./Kenyan business ties.
VA-70-10 September 13, 2010
Open to: All Interested Candidates
Position: Administrative Clerk
Closing: October 1, 2010
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: Not-Ordinarily Resident: Position Grade: FP- 8
Ordinarily Resident: Position Grade: FSN-105-6
(A higher step and salary may be granted based on superior qualifications).
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE
REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS ALLOWING
EMPLOYMENT IN COUNTRY PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has an opening for the position of Administrative Clerk. The position will be available immediately.
The incumbent will serve as the Administrative Assistant for the GAP Nyanza Programs of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) at Kisumu, Kenya. The incumbent carries out designated daily administrative support tasks.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities as well as the application for employment form is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact HR Office on 363-6091.
NOTE: All must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Completion of high school is required and a Diploma in Business Administration is also required.
- Three (3) years experience of substantive administrative experience is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) English ability and Level III Kiswahili ability are required.
- Must have standard knowledge of administrative, secretarial, and clerical office procedures.
- Must have standard computer skills in word processing application and spreadsheet programs.
- Must be able to type 40 WPM.
WHEN EQUALLY QUALIFIED, U.S. CITIZEN ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBER (USEFMs) AND U.S. VETERANS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE. THEREFORE, IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE CANDIDATES SPECIFICALLY ADDRESS THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS ABOVE IN THE APPLICATION.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Applicants must be available for an interview and for proficiency testing as required by the selecting official. If the applicant has not been contacted within two weeks after the closing date, please call the Embassy Human Resources Office at 363-6091.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174) found on: http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/emplyform.pdf
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
The Human Resources Office,
P. O. Box 606 Village Market, 00621
POINT OF CONTACT