Alios Finance Tanzania Recruitment 2011
Alios Finance is a Pan-African specialised finance company with a mix of prestigious African and European investors. We target SMEs, multinationals and individuals with products such as leasing, investment loans and consumer finance. Having been present in Africa since 1956, our current operations are in Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Gabon, Mali, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Zambia, Tanzania, and recently Kenya with a combined portfolio across Africa of USD 250m.
We have ambitious expansion plans, particularly into English speaking Africa, as evidenced by the recent opening of our subsidiaries in Zambia, Tanzania and Kenya. Our head quarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya and Tunis, Tunisia.
Our Tanzania operation, based in Dar es Salaam, is already up and running and is seeking to fill the position of Credit Analyst.
As is with every other position in Tanzania, this position is new and you will be expected to, in the first instance, define the credit policy based on the Tanzania market, set up the credit analysis processes and roll this out. While reporting directly to the General Manager of Alios Finance Tanzania, you will also have tight relationships with the Board and the commercial team in Tanzania and a functional relationship with the Head of Risk at head office.
Your primary role will be credit risk management through the analyses of leasing facility applications and the provision of technical support to the credit committee in credit approval. You will also be responsible for the continual evaluation of the lease portfolio of the company and will be expected to make recommendations on ways to mitigate credit risk in line with the credit policy.
Working conditions: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work and occasional travel countrywide and overseas.
· Analyzing leasing facility applications and giving an opinion and/or making recommendations on the risk involved
· Continually reviewing and analyzing lease portfolio of the company and making appropriate recommendations
· Keeping abreast on trends in credit risk management, locally and regionally, and making recommendations on changes to policy or process
· Ensuring compliance to the credit policy within the Tanzania operation; this will involve sensitizing the commercial team on credit risk management
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
· Experience in a financial institution (bank, stock brokerage, MFI, etc) or an audit firm, as an analyst
· Knowledge of the Tanzania market is important; we are particularly interested in your financial, accounting and legal knowledge
· An understanding of the fiscal and economic matters of the country
· Experience or sound understanding of credit risk and the techniques of financial analysis
· Strong analytical and organisational skills, ability to work under pressure and a keen eye for detail
· Good communication skills with the ability to prepare and sell the analysis to stakeholders
· An open mind, ability to work in a multicultural environment and capacity to adjust to difficult operating environments.
Job ID: 39121
Date Posted: 24 July 2011
Closing Date: 27 July 2011
Want to know when similar jobs are posted? Create a Job Alert today!
Contact Info: Adept Systems
Web Address : http://www.adeptsys.biz
HOW TO APPLY:
Your application should highlight why you are the best candidate for this position and focus should be on how you meet the stated requirements A detailed CV should be attached; it must include details of your experience that is relevant to this position, a valid email address, your Skype address, day time telephone number, current remuneration details and names and contacts of three professional referees.
Applications should be sent to:
Closing date: 27th July 2011
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Alios Finance SA is an equal opportunity employer