Aga Khan Hospital Laboratory Technologists Jobs in Kitale and Homa Bay
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 accreditation, ISO 15189:2007 accreditation for laboratory services and is moving towards Joint Commission International Accreditation.
1 Position Kitale
1 Position Homa – Bay
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Technologist in – charge, the successful candidate will perform phlebotomy, prepare documentation, maintain sample processing records and ensure timely performance of laboratory investigations and dispatch of results.
Key Result Areas
- Laboratory testing.
- Sample referral for outsourced testing.
- Timely release of results for tests done in – house and outsourced.
- Efficient use of laboratory resources.
- Compliance with Health and Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
- Compliance with SANAS requirements for ISO 15189:2007 accreditation, JCIA requirements and local regulations.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Minimum two years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in hematology, biochemistry and microbiology.
- Ability to write and review SOPs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Possession of a Phlebotomy certificate will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
P.O. Box 530 – 40100