African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) Senior Underwriter Job in Nairobi Kenya
This role requires a candidate with exceptional skills, experience and the ability to fit into this middle management and multilateral setting.
Senior Underwriter - Underwriting Department
You will have a key function in ATI by underwriting consistently and profitably across PRI and CRI products.
You will motivate, coach and develop a group of underwriters both at Head Office and in the offices outside Kenya.
Major Responsibilities (Functions and Duties):
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Underwriting Officer (CUO) in Nairobi, you will
- Develop the expertise and underwriting methodology of ATI
- Coach and manage a group of experienced underwriters who are based in Nairobi and in four field offices
- Contribute to a wide range of projects that contribute to ATI’s organization and operational efficiency
- Underwrite large transactions and manage strategic accounts
- Develop commercial relationships, attract new clients and contribute to the commercial strategy
- Contribute to the visibility and reputation of ATI in order to attract new member states and partnerships
- Support the improvement of the internal processes and risk management strategies
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- An advanced degree in Economics, Finance, Commercial, Business Administration, or related area.
- A thorough technical expertise and underwriting experience in commercial and political risk insurance, surety bond and banking products.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in project finance, banking, finance and insurance with at least 5 years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- A sound understanding of reinsurance markets and mechanisms.
- International experience in ATI member States and/or countries with a similar profile.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of packages
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Operational French is a major advantage
- As a multilateral institution with its Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, ATI offers a highly competitive remuneration package and an international business career in the development of African trade and investment.
- Salary & Benefits: Salary and other benefits are based on ATI’s Staff Manual. The salary is negotiable depending upon professional qualifications, family situation, the responsibilities of the position and the experience of the candidate.
- ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancy, to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Please submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, ATI’s Personal History Form, details of your current remuneration package to [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements and submitting applications in compliance with point 1-3 above will be considered for this position and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.