African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) Senior Investor Relations Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
This role requires a candidate with exceptional skills, experience and the ability to fit into this middle management and multilateral setting.
Reporting to the Chief Investor Relations Manager (CIRM), the Senior Investor Relations Officer (middle management role) will perform the following functions and duties:
1. To support the implementation of the ATI’s membership development strategy including:
a. Country membership expansion in Africa
b. Membership expansion to Non-African States
c. Recruitment of target Regional Organizations and Export Credit Agencies
d. Membership of Private Corporations, and;
e. Membership by International Development Financial Institutions
2. To participate in or conduct membership missions to the above potential members;
3. To prepare background information on target countries and partners, strategic papers, presentations and briefing notes as and when required;
4. To assist the ATI in fund mobilization in support of membership expansion and development activities including but not limited to:
a. conducting research on the donor community, their specialized areas of activities and their funding modalities
b. assisting in developing donor related strategy to enable ATI raise funds to up-scale the organisation’s development and outreach activities
c. drafting request for funding proposals and participating in their negotiations.
5. To advise the CIRM and when required senior management on strategic partnerships with key bilateral and multilateral partners;
6. To assist in managing key stakeholders relations in particular current Member States, prospective members and donors including preparing periodic updates on ATI achievements responding to enquiries, and preparing related correspondence;
7. To prepare monthly or quarterly and other specific reports as required
- A university degree in International Economic Relations, International Trade, Business Development, Development Finance or other related fields. A master degree or proven experience would be an added advantage;
- A clear understanding of membership drive, knowledge of stakeholders consulting processes, African government decision-making processes and mobilization of donor funding;
- Understanding regional cooperation and integration, key players, different regional integration programmes and Regional Economic Communities in Africa;
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English is required; knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Office in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A minimum of eight (8) year experience working with governments, regional economic organizations, multilateral institutions and/or cooperating partners.
- A proven ability to understand the objectives and business of ATI
- Ability to work closely with the ATI’s potential members and government representatives at all levels.
- Ability to plan, prepare effective action plans, organize work, execute approved development strategies and achieve results;
- Ability to perform work independently under minimum supervision ;
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Ability to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment in a positive manner;
- Ability to maintain and develop ongoing working relationships, networks and partnerships to help achieve business goals;
- Attention to details, speed and accuracy;
- Very good interpersonal skills in communicating and working with people from different backgrounds and ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- The ideal candidate should be conversant with political, economic, financial and business environment in Africa and sound appreciation of regional integration programmes, and;
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake significant duty travel in Africa.
- As a multilateral institution with its Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, ATI offers a highly competitive remuneration package and an international business career in the development of African trade and investment.
- Salary & Benefits: Salary and other benefits are based on ATI’s Staff Manual. The salary is negotiable depending upon professional qualifications, family situation, the responsibilities of the position and the experience of the candidate.
- ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancy, to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Please submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, ATI’s Personal History Form, details of your current remuneration package to [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements and submitting applications in compliance with point 1-3 above will be considered for this position and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.