African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI) Senior Accountant Job in Nairobi Kenya
This role requires a candidate with exceptional skills, experience and the ability to fit into this middle management and multilateral setting.
- To develop, maintain and implement proper operational controls for financial efficiency.
- To ensure complete operational compliance with manuals and policies, Board and Management financial instructions and any applicable agreements.
- To ensure that proper books of accounts of ATI are kept.
- To manage monthly closure of accounts and ensure compliance with ATI’s FSCP.
- To prepare main financial statements, trend analysis, cash-flow projections, performance analysis, variance analysis (against the budget) and financial reports on a monthly basis.
- To prepare quarterly reports to the Board of Directors.
- To prepare the annual Financial Statements in accordance to IFRS.
- To ensure that all standing instructions requiring any input control or action by the accounts department are met and observed precisely and correctly at all times.
- To supervise the work performed by the Accountants ensuring all items are timely and properly booked and balance sheet accounts fully reconciled on a monthly basis.
- To undertake the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts relating to financial investments and fixed deposits on a monthly basis.
- To maintain and improve ATI’s investment software in liaison with the consultants and the software developer.
- Recording, processing and updating investment data transaction for monthly reporting. Update company investment position through consolidating fund managers reports on monthly basis.
- To monitor ATI’s portfolio of investments.
- To manage relationship with banks and assets managers.
- Secretary to the investment committee.
- To proactively assist in the management of the annual budgeting process.
- To co-ordinate with internal and external auditors.
- To coordinate with the CFO on the best practice to manage ATI financial resources in terms of controls, investments, and status of investor accounts.
- To keep the CFO fully informed at all times of any adverse or changed or unusual circumstances which may affect the Agency’s financial position.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Candidate must possess:
- A university degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; an internationally recognized accounting professional qualification;
- At least 7 year-experience in a senior position in the financial and/or insurance industry;
- An excellent knowledge of information technology (advance EXCEL, ACCPAC or similar accounting system, SYNDIL or similar investment tool);
- A strong commercial awareness;
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- An ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- As a multilateral institution with its Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, ATI offers a highly competitive remuneration package and an international business career in the development of African trade and investment.
- Salary & Benefits: Salary and other benefits are based on ATI’s Staff Manual. The salary is negotiable depending upon professional qualifications, family situation, the responsibilities of the position and the experience of the candidate.
- ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancy, to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
Please submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, ATI’s Personal History Form, details of your current remuneration package to [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements and submitting applications in compliance with point 1-3 above will be considered for this position and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.