African Heritage Design Administrative Secretaries and Office Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Administrative Secretary I - This is the entry level position title within this series. Employees at this level are expected to perform a variety of receptionist related duties, to perform other secretarial and clerical work, and to train for the next higher level.
Administrative Secretary II - This is the second level position title within this series. Employees at this second level are expected to be able to respond to more complicated inquiries and to perform higher level clerical duties.
- Receives incoming telephone calls, provides answers to routine inquiries and/or refers them to other personnel.
- Screens and greets visitors and ushers them into an administrative office
- Opens, sorts, and delivers mail within an administrative office.
- Types a variety of routine documents from handwritten drafts using WordPerfect 8.0 or higher.
- Proofreads typed materials for accuracy and correct punctuation, spelling, grammar, and legal citation (if necessary).
- Maintains conference room calendar, arranges meetings and conferences as requested.
- Maintains records and files.
- Maintains the copy room and equipment, and orders supplies.
- Assists in preparing large mailings as necessary.
- Provides clerical and procedural support as needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responds to more complicated inquiries or requests for information or determines which requests should be handled by another staff person.
- Types more complicated documents or reports using word processing software. May prepare spreadsheets.
- Composes correspondence for supervisor’s review and signature.
- Acts as liaison with other offices, departments and outside agencies.
- May be called on to provide secretarial assistance to other Department Heads.
- Performs special projects.
- Performs all of the duties of the lower level position title within this series as required.
- A High School diploma or the equivalent and four years of secretarial or administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of clerical and office procedures.
- Good knowledge of English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including photocopier machines, calculators, adding machines, and personal computers and terminals.
- Ability to set up and maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work independently and follow oral and written instructions.
- Proficiency in use of WordPerfect for Windows 8.0 or higher.
- A minimum of two years of experience as an Administrative Secretary I.
- Considerable knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of administrative policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create reports and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a wide range of inquiries in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and to exercise greater judgment.
- Dispatch and delivery of mails.
- Maintenance of cleanliness in the office.
- Receiving and Sorting of mails.
- Attending to customers queries.
- Maintaining proper filing system in the office.
- Attending to all visitors with humility and directing them appropriately.
- Customer care services
- KCSE mean grade of C plain or its equivalent
- Certificate in Business Administration or Management.
- Competent knowledge of office secretarial work.
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Email application.