Africa Nazarene University Jobs in Kenya – 3 Post Available
Posted: Jul 6, 2013
Africa Nazarene University Department of Education Senior Lecturer and Lecturers Jobs in Kenya
Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is a Chartered Christian University that integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
It is sponsored by the Church of Nazarene, an international Protestant denomination grounded in the Wesleyan holiness tradition.
Applications are invited for the following positions in theDepartment of Education:
1. Senior Lecturer (1 Post)
Qualifications: Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in education, with at least five years’ experience in University teaching, and must have supervised at least ten students at Master’s level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Graduate program; both the PhD and M. Ed programmes in all our centers.
- Keep updated records of all the graduate students, in regard to their progression, particularly at the Thesis writing stage.
- Allocate Thesis supervisors’ for all the students.
- Supervise students at both Master’s and PhD level.
- Organize for defense for students who are ready to defend their Proposal or Thesis
- General academic advising for the graduate students.
- Work with Admissions office in recruitment and admission of new students.
- Work with the examination section in preparation of examinations and the preparation of the graduation list for the graduate students.
2. Lecturer (2 posts for Kisii and Nairobi campus)
Qualifications: Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Education, must be a Ph.D. candidate who has successfully defended the Ph.D. proposal, with at least four years’ experience teaching at the University.
Applicants with administrative experience will have added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Academic Advising of the students at the center, tracking their progression to graduation.
- Plan for unit offerings each session.
- Teach and coordinate the teaching at the Center.
Applicants should give full details of education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer), should be addressed to:-
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than 5.00P.m, Friday, 16th July, 2013.
Applications could also be dropped at our Town Campus located at the Agrho house Building, Moi Avenue.
Please remember to quote the position you are applying for on the envelope.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details and requirements for the above position visit our website: www.anu.ac.ke