Africa Manager, Risk Prevention Management Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 5, 2014
Africa Manager, Risk Prevention Management
Assist the Head of Risk Prevention Management in: -
a) Providing immediate remedial action on client exposures in excess of time and limit, to forestall further deterioration.
b) Day-to-day credit controls, periodic monitoring activities, timely identification and reporting of potential risks and losses and effective risk mitigation actions.
Assist the Head of Risk Prevention Management in :-
- Management of operational risks in Credit Risk and ensuring compliance.
- Working with other departments and business to ensure business growth is balanced with risk management and control.
- Creation and sustenance of a strong operational risk control environment by undertaking periodic self-assessments.
- Portfolio Management and Reporting.
Work closely with Enterprise, Retail and Treasury teams to :-
- Manage daily account excesses
- Follow up on loan arrears to ensure compliance within stipulated timelines
- Files reviews are done per Credit Policy guidelines
- Client calls and submit call reports as per policy guidelines
- Review sectoral exposure to be compliant with policy and identify and draw attention of the Bank to any sectors which have high risk characteristics
- Review treasury transactions to confirm that they are within approved limits and policy guidelines
- Ensure set targets/ deliverables are met
Qualifications & Skills
- A degree in numerable discipline (Finance, Economics, Business)
- Professional qualification in AKIB, ACCA, CPA, CIMA
- Minimum of 8 years in Banking of which 4 in management role in Credit Risk Management.
- Strong understanding of credit administration and documentation
- Good working knowledge of the Bank’s operating systems.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Good computing skills.
Applicants should email their cover letter and CV with names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities. Indicate on your CV your current and expected salary.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.
All communication relating to application for these positions should be addressed to: