Afex Group QHSE Field Officers Jobs in Kenya
Afex has recently stared to locate Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) Field Officers at our Camps. This is a new initiative and reflects the increased focus and importance placed on QHSE by Afex.
- To proactively raise the profile of QHSE on-site with all parties.
- To implement Afex’s QHSE Management System on-site.
- To undertake and advise on QHSE risk assessments, permit to works and related activities.
- To undertake QHSE camp inspections.
- To deliver tool box talks and other training sessions.
- To ensure that all incidents (including near misses) and nonconformances are reported and investigated in accordance with Afex QHSE procedures and appropriate actions taken.
- To report QHSE performance to head office.
- To implement internal plans on continuous improvement on QHSE projects.
- To accompany internal and external auditors on QHSE matters.
- To liaise with Client representatives as required.
- Attend internal and external meetings to discuss and advise on QHSE matters.
- Assist Camp Managers, Supervisors and all staff in all aspects of QHSE.
- To undertake any other required QHSE actions under the instruction of the QHSE Manager.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a relevant subject.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to work in Afex’s expanding QHSE Department and be committed to delivering a high level of QHSE performance at our camps.
- Ideally, applicants should have prior experience of QHSE work in one or more areas of health and safety (including fire prevention), environmental control and food hygiene. However, Afex will provide all necessary support, so persons without such experience are also welcome to apply.
- Ideally, persons will be trained and qualified in QHSE work, including NEBOSH, fire prevention, food hygiene, environmental management etc. However, Afex will provide all required training so prior training is not essential.
- Ideally, applicants should have experience of working in catering, hospitality, construction, manufacturing, food manufacture, logistics, camps or other related work. However, Afex will assist persons in their work so persons without such experience are also welcome to apply.
- A willingness and desire to be based in the field and work to Afex’s staff rotation requirements; this would most likely entail working in blocks of 6 to 8 weeks, although this pattern may be changed at short notice.
- A willingness and desire to work in remote and hostile locations.
- Availability to attend the head office in Nairobi or other locations for meetings, training or for work.
- Computer literacy is highly desirable, including work with Microsoft Office.
- Possess well-developed communication, organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a high standard of written and spoken English. Another language appropriate to Afex’s areas of operation is highly desirable.
- High degree of professional integrity and strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team based multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under remote supervision and guidance.
- Ability to follow instructions and work to established procedures.