Advertising Sales Executive, Reporters, Copywriters Jobs in Kenya
Our client, an upcoming media house to be based in Nairobi is recruiting the following positions:
- Selling advertising space for a mix of new customers and existing key accounts. Working toward set revenue targets and generating advertising sales revenues.
- Proactively network, always seeking opportunities to promote the product
- Visiting potential customers to aggressively prospect for new business
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via regular meetings, telephone calls and emails
- An undergraduate degree in sales and marketing from a recognized university/ Diploma from a reputable institution of higher learning
- Minimum of 2 years experience in advertising sales from media/advertising sector
- A pleasant personality and excellent communication skills
- Have an existing client and contact portfolio
- Outgoing and a people person
- Well groomed
- Well spoken
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Key roles & responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising judgment on the best story angle;Identifying necessary resources and deploying/managing technical crews for field assignments and location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew;
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
- At least a diploma in Mass com/media studies
- Relevant experience in a busy newsroom in a media house covering all aspects of news planning, gathering, editing and airing.
- A strong command of English and Kiswahili — written and spoken;
- Demonstrable track record in a busy newsroom;
- Ability to build contacts faster.(Should be in touch with important contacts on the ground)
- Good command of English
- Ability to flex his/her schedule (reporters work past their normal schedule some times)
- Ability to work under pressure when it comes to meeting deadlines.
- Courage to ask difficult sources critical questions
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
- Ability to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad including to difficult and dangerous locations in line of duty
- Have a nose for news and a passion for truth.
- Have great knowledge of current affairs.
- Be able to empower others by way of information.
- Have what it takes to be part of a dynamic and energetic news team.
- A diploma in Journalism/media/advertising/public relations
- The ability write good, clear copy in different styles
- Good command of English
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience
- Good administrative, IT and proofreading skills
If you posses the above attributes and you have the confidence to speak up, ask incisive questions then you are the one we are looking for to fill the above positions.
Qualified Candidates to send applications to [email protected] by Monday 19th March, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.