ActionAid Kenya Job Vacancy – Country Director
ActionAid Kenya Country Director Job Vacancy
ActionAid Kenya is a non-political, non-religious organisation that has been working in Kenya since 1972 to end poverty and injustice. ActionAid Kenya is among the leading anti-poverty agencies working directly with over one million poor and excluded people in over 20 districts of Kenya.Starting in the early 1970s with educating children, ActionAid now focuses on tackling the root causes of poverty rather than just meeting people’s immediate needs.
The organisation is primarily concerned with defending and raising awareness of human rights, be they economic, social, cultural, civil or political.
Employing local staff in its work, the organisation supports projects and programmes that promote the interests of poor and excluded people at all levels.
- Securing basic rights for women and girls
- Access and control of land and natural resources
- State and its institutions are just, democratic and accountable to communities
- Disaster Risk Management and Resilience building
- The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies or a development related field and possess at least 10 years proven track record in leading and managing institutions and development programs as well as either being part of social movements or an active member of civil society.
- S/He should be committed to gender equity, a strong believer in Human Rights Based Approach to development and must demonstrate courage of conviction to tackle injustices.
- S/He will have competencies in campaigns and policy advocacy; fundraising and donor relations; and have sound organizational development skills.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills in English.
- Fluency in Kiswahili is an added advantage.