ActionAid International HR and Essential Services Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 19, 2014
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice.
We’re an international organization working with over 15 million people over 45 countries for world free from poverty and injustice and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
HR and Essential Services Manager, Nairobi Hub
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
National Terms and Conditions of Employment will apply
The successful incumbent will be an HR Generalist responsible for overall coordination and management of human resource, administration and organization development functions for the Nairobi IS Hub.
The holder of the position is a member of the office management committee in Nairobi and is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on HR; Organizational Development and Administration activities, communication and implementation of agreed upon decisions.
The ideal candidate will have
- a Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology Social Sciences or equivalent;
- Honours or Masters degree advantageous;
- Five years HR/Admin experience within an international NGO;
- Substantial knowledge of Kenyan employment law/labour laws and immigration procedures;
- In-depth understanding of HR ethics, including professionalism and confidentiality;
- Excellent IT skills, including experience with MS Word and Excel;
- Eligibility to work within Kenya, Nairobi
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Please include the job title and reference number in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is 7 March 2014.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.