ACTED Security Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
ACTED Security Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 30 countries worldwide, with over 200 international and 4000 national staff.
ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
ACTED Kenya/Somalia is looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professionals to fill the following position;
Reporting to the Logistics Officer, her/his duties will include:
- To provide efficient security and safety support to ACTED’s programmes in Kenya and Somalia including the safety and security of all ACTED staff, eligible dependants, resources, assets, facilities, programmes, and projects while ensuring compliance with ACTED’s security policies and SOPs.
- Contribute to the development and updating of the Country Safety & Security Plan, collecting contributions from the field teams, and submitting it to the Country Director’s review.
- The operationalization of the Security & Safety Plan, in particular putting in place the necessary systems and equipment (Communication equipment, Vehicles, Stocks, etc.).
- The implementation of security & safety measures decided by the Country Director.
- Conduct regular threats and risks assessments, identify and implement appropriate risk mitigation measures for all operational areas.
- Conduct periodic appropriate security assessments of premises and equipment and advice on shortfalls in security preparedness with recommended improvements and solutions.
- Provide timely and accurate security advice to Coordination and disseminate crucial security information to all staff.
- Immediately report all security-related incidents involving ACTED staff and eligible dependents to the Country Director.
- Provide all staff with regular security briefings and updates and ensure that all staffs adhere to security policies and procedures.
- Provide training and capacity building for staff members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills in terms of safety and security. Ensure that staff members are proficient in the use of safety and security equipment, including communications equipment, vehicle emergency equipment and personal security safeguards required for work in the field.
- The organisation of security & safety briefing to all newly recruited staff joining ACTED.
- Responsible for security monitoring, liaison with national authorities, law enforcement, UN Agencies, and NGOs to ensure a smooth flow of security information.
- Monitor all national/international staff movement and facilitate security clearances for areas where required.
- Be a member of the Crisis Management Team and responsible for the practical organisation of any relocation or evacuation.
- Provide advice on selection and procurement of appropriate equipment for security (vehicles, telecommunications equipment, etc.);
- Provide advice on the security of transportation and logistics.
- Responsible for complying with all the reporting requirements within the various sub departments to the country department team, HQ as well as donor requirements within the FLAT process.
- Provide inputs to donor reports, as required.
- Ensure proper filing/file maintenance of security related documents.
- Act as the security focal point for the Nairobi Office; supervise the security guards performance in Nairobi; in cooperation with the Administration, maintain an updated staff lists, including details of visitors.
- Establish and implement access control mechanisms (visitor/vehicle screening) as necessary.
- Collaborate with other tasks within the logistics department, including the procurement of security equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Management, or a related security field. However, a diploma backed by strong relevant technical experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience of working in a conflict/post-conflict or crisis environment with NGOs is an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of security management and risk management;
- Three years relevant experience, preferably in a security management environment.
- Strong analytical as well as administrative skills
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to manage varied workloads, and deal constructively with stress and working long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- Being conversant in Somali language will be considered an advantage.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, three work related referees, contacts and expected salary to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 24 October 2013
Kindly note that due to the urgency of the position, CVs will be shortlisted on on-going basis.