ACTED Director of Operations Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 16, 2013
Positions: Director of Operations
Contract duration: One Year
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travels to other countries
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world wide and to accompany them in building a better future
ACTED Kenya is looking for experienced self driven and self oriented professionals to fill the following posts;
Under the authority of the Country Director, her/his specific duties will include:
- Ensure that all standard ACTED worldwide procedures are followed
- Supervise and support field coordinators and heads of support departments in Nairobi
- Ensure that commitments to international donors are met
- Create and introduce country-specific procedures as appropriate for the contexts of intervention
- Ensure organizational development policy is in place and being implemented to maximize team performance
- Work closely with logistics team to ensure systems are in place for procurement, fleet management, asset management, and stock management
- Work closely with finance team to follow up on budgets, accounting, and strategic financial planning
- Work closely with human resources team to ensure that a staff development and capacity building program is in place
- Perform other relevant duties.
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in emergency and/or development programmes
- At least 4 to 5 years of working experience in high management position.
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 23 December 2013.
Please do not attach any other documents.
Kindly note that due to the urgency of the positions; CVs will be shortlisted on ongoing basis.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.