ACTED Capital Finance Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
ACTED Kenya is looking for experienced self driven and self oriented professional to fill the following post;
Capital Finance Officer
Under the authority of the Head of Finance, her/his specific duties will include:
Overall responsible for accountancy and financial follow-up of ACTED projects implemented in Kenya and Somalia
- budget control, cost control and ensuring internal controls / procedures are followed.
- Preparation and check of ACTED Monthly Financial Control Tools
- Responsible for Advance/Loan follow up at Country Level
- Uploading and management of SAGA (Accountancy software)
- Bank Relationship at Country Level
- Supervising and training capital Cashier, technical support to area finance officers.
- Checking accountability of procurement documentation, signing Cash Checking Documents, bank statements, bank reconciliation.
- Signing of documentation to confirm procurement, validate purchases and release payments, before payment is processed by the cashier.
- Responsible for cash planning, payment follow up and consolidation of debt follow up
- Responsible for checking capital and field office documentation on monthly basis.
- Responsible for finance filing and FLAT(Finance,Logistics,Administration,Trasparecy) folder filing(finance section)
- Perform other relevant duties.
- A Bachelors Degree holder in Business Administration (Finance option) or Professional CPA holder.
- Demonstrated experience of overall responsibility and accountability for the financial management of an organization preferably an INGO.
- Well conversant with computer applications-MS Office is mandatory
- Knowledge of accounting principles and hands on experience of using computerized financial accounting systems Good presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- High numeracy and sound technical skills
- The ability to balance the demands of work with other commitments;
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships;
- The potential to lead and motivate others;
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.