ACLAIM Africa Limited Finance Manager Job in Juba, South Sudan
Position: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Juba, South Sudan
Reports to: The Director
Job Purpose: To ensure that all financial resources of the organization are effectively and efficiently managed by implementing financial controls, developing prudent policy and procedures, generating high quality financial records and ensuring that accountability standards meet international charity regulations and stakeholders needs such as institutional donors.
- Implement financial management and control including protection and ensure that assets are safeguarded.
- Produce and communicate accurate and timely financial reports for management and for trustees.
- Coordinate the finance function to ensure adherence to the organization’s financial and procurement policies
- Develop and update financial systems that meet donor requirements while providing all information required for management of projects and finances.
- Formulate and control both administration and programme budgets and prepare monthly budget variance analysis and report for both.
- Prepare financial proposals for donor funding in collaboration with the Programmes Manager and other program staff.
- Monitor the budget and cash flow by preparing monthly budgetary analysis and rolling two month cash flow in advance
- Prepare accounts and annual report for annual statutory audits
- Prepare an annual calendar for statutory requirements and liaise with the Company Secretary on filing annual returns and other statutory requirements
- Provide guidance/advice on financial matters and ensure training on finance/accounting is given to those who need it within Skills and its partners to enhance the achievement of Skills’ organizational goals and objectives
- Supervise staff assigned finance duties to ensure that they are motivated and coached to execute their duties and responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Desired Finance/Accounting Option) or its equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) or ACCA, or its equivalent is a MUST
- Previous auditing experience is an added advantage
- Conversant with various Computerized Accounting packages; Quick Books is a MUST.
- Excellent management, organizational and leadership skills and good interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Fluency in English (written, verbal), At least four years experience in a similar position