ACK Language & Orientation School Principal Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
The ACK Language & Orientation School seeks to recruit a person to fill the position of Principal.
The Principal is the Chief Executive Officer of the Language and Orientation Inter-disciplinary school, which has an International and national catchment for student enrolment.
The students learn various languages for Ministry and Service both in Church and Socio-political domains. This is a 5 year contract renewable once.
Daily Routine Operations: Fits into the ACK Provincial Office Secretariat
Nature and Scope of the Job: The role of the Principal and Chief Executive of ACK Language and Orientation School is to develop a strategy which will align the vision of the church for the institution to the daily operations.
The school must remain relevant to the current Language and Orientation needs for the church and the Social Political Agencies serving the region and the larger world.
The Principal will be expected to lead, inspire and develop a management team and staff, who will maintain at all times the ethos of partnership and a shared decision making principle which has been fundamental to the school’s success.
The Principal will be expected to develop a strong and purposeful relationship with the Provincial Office and the Management Committee, ensuring that the church shared values and aspirations are maintained.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Leadership: The Principal will provide effective leadership, regarding the educational character of the school.
2. Policies: The Principal will monitor, and ensure effective policies and procedures that are employed keep the school relevant to the needs of the time.
3. Staff: The Principal will provide the school with direction for staff levels and their quality.
4. Finance, Management and Information: The Principal will prepare annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration and approval by the Management Committee. He/She will manage a budget and resources within the approved estimates. He/She will demonstrate prudent and effective budgetary management. He/She will ensure that information systems are in place to provide robust data support for school management.
5. Partnerships and Communication: The Principal will seek out and develop opportunities for the school to communicate with existing partners and establish new ones.
6. Professional Standards: The Principal will adopt and encourage positive attitude towards equal opportunities in all aspects of service delivery and employment. He/She will maintain quality standards appropriate to the post. He/She shall remain on top of current trends in education management.
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The Principal may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post that the ACK Church may direct. Knowledge of ACK Church structures and operations are major aspects that go with this post.
Ten (10) copies of application package must include cover letter, CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, recommendation letters from your Parish Vicar forwarded through the Diocesan Bishop and from two (2) other referees.
The application must be posted to:
P.O. Box 40502 – 00100,
P.O. Box 40502 – 00100,
or dropped at ACK Head Office, 2nd Floor, Wing ‘C’, ACK Garden House, 1st Ngong Avenue, Nairobi.
The application must reach the Secretary of the Nomination Board on or before Monday, 17th February 2014 at 4:00p.m.