ACF Logistics IT Officer Job in Kenya
Starting date: As soon as possible
Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 40 countries.
Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts.
From crisis to sustainability, ACF tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions.
With Head Offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger.
ACF is present in Kenya since 2001. Currently the mission is implementing program activities in West Pokot, Isiolo, Tana River, Garissa and Dadaab refugee camps.
- The specifics duties include network management and maintenance including drafting and updating the network user book, controlling network traffic and ensuring that ACF ethics is respected;
- computer service through assisting users to back up their data and ensuring that anti-virus on all computers are updated; the incumbent will be in charge of buying all the IT technology equipment following ACF procedures and also provide technical assessment using the internet/mission catalogues/Market research of various equipment, relevance of such equipment on the Kenya market, cost of maintenance of the equipment;
- equipment registering and tracking which involves registering all newly bought equipment in the standard ACF Excel sheet, open the equipment file and provide labels for the equipment and ensuring a copy of the procurement is sent to bases;
- making sure that all communication equipment and system are working on the mission;
- storage and transport management; field support by travelling to the bases to check all IT equipment and/ or in case of emergencies.
Objective 1: Network management and maintenance
- To maintain the network in good condition (software and hardware),
- To draft and update the network user book
- To write network procedures and to keep them up to date
- To train users
- To control the network traffic and make sure that ACF ethic is respected.
- Implement Network in all ACF bases in Kenya
- Propose free non-bandwidth consuming webinar solution to allow remote conferencing and training.
- Computer maintenance (Hardware and software): Installation, maintenance, follow up and equipment file update
- Implement distance trouble shooting in the mission where internet connexion allows
- To assist people to back up their data (implement automatic back up system, ensure it’s working in all bases and collect back up during field visit to be burned on DVD or safe in Nairobi central server)
- To ensure that anti-virus on all computers are updated
- To ensure that ACF has all the licenses for each software used on the mission
- To make a copy of each software and to hand over the original CD to the logistics coordinator.
- To keep a copy of each drivers for each equipment used on the mission. (this copy should be kept properly according to a policy to be defined)
- Implement an “issue tracking ware” to keep records of works (repair/maintenance) done in the mission.
- Provide induction for every new staff in capital on the IT and equipment policy, build capacity of Base logistician for them to provide briefing to locally recruited staff on the same policy
- Support Logistic Coordinator to define standards for equipment in use on the mission according to technologic evolution
- Support logistic coordinator in defining mission equipment strategy (for replacement planning and introduction of new equipment to provide new solutions for the mission)
- To support Logistic Coordinator and capital logistician to prepare IT contract whenever needed.
- Register all newly bought equipment in the standard ACF Excel sheet, open the equipment file and provide labels for the equipment
- Ensure a copy of the equipment file is sent to bases
- Register all equipment given to ACF staff in the equipment allocation form
- Responsible for submitting the monthly mission equipment list to the logistics coordinator
- Performs regular equipment inventory in the capital and in the bases with the support of base logisticians
- Ensures the correct application of the equipment policy
- In charge of preparing all the It equipment before sending them to the bases.
- To make sure that all communication equipment and system are working on the mission
- Organise and lead, in collaboration with Base Logistician some regular check of all communication equipment on the mission (HF, VHF and sat phones).
- To report to the logistics coordinator any problems on communication equipment and to propose solution.
- In charge of preparing the monthly report on Satellite phone use, countercheck invoice versus report and ensure Airtime is available for pre-paid Satellite phones.
- To travel to the base on regular basis to check all IT equipment
- To travel to the base in case of emergency, to provide logistic support where and when needed
- To train log staff and program staff benefiting to logistic support to the KIT Log V3 procedures
- To conduct assessment at base level using the Logistic assessment tool
- Train staff in computer basic management: anti-virus update, anti-virus usage, disk cleaning, disk maintenance…
- To train base logistician in network maintenance
- Stands in for the capital logistic in case of absence to carry out assigned duties
- Support the capital log to maintain complete files according to filing standard on the mission and implement soft archiving for the mission.
- University degree in Information and Technology
- Additional Diploma in Procurement and Logistics or related degree is an asset
- At least 2 year of experience as an IT, 1 year experience in logistics field. Experience in logistics with an NGO is an asset
- Language skills: English and Kiswahili fluent
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge on both software (word processor, spreadsheet, Linux servers, Windows server…) and hardware (network cards, memory upgrades…)
- Good communication, teamwork, transport skill, knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Nairobi Office with frequent travel to the field bases. ACF will provide transport and accommodation plus meals when travelling to the field bases
- Remuneration package: Very Competitive salary package with additional benefits to include:
- Career development opportunities with ACF
- Training opportunities
- Comprehensive medical cover for self and dependants
- Opportunity to work in a good and friendly environment with a dynamic and motivated team
- Duration of contract: One year contract, renewable depending on funding availability and performance
Interested candidates should forward their applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 referees preferably former/current supervisors (certificates will be required later on in the recruitment process) to:
EMAIL: [email protected] indicate the position on the subject line of the email.
Position opened to Kenyan Nationals only