Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 19, 2014
Saman Associates is currently in the process of recruiting anAccounts Manager for one of its clients.
The core responsibility for this role is to provide support in terms of financial planning and analysis, risk assessment and management, financial data capturing and manipulation to generate financial reports, as well as ensure compliance with the statutory agencies.
- Monitor the internal control systems, consult with management on the adequacy and/or need for reviewing the existing policies and systems;
- Consequently establish appropriate accounting policies, procedures and controls to enable an efficient and effective accounting system that can stand a test of integrity;
- Manage all aspects of the Finance function including General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, petty cash, bank reconciliations etc;
- Prepare and present timely and accurate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to management;
- Responsible for the overall annual company budgets and quarterly forecasts preparation, monitoring and reporting;
- Review and track project cost performance by conducting cost analysis for each vote head, monitor variance from plan, and highlight potential issues on a weekly basis;
- Implement internal controls to protect and safeguard company’s assets;
- Ensure that taxes and other payments are accurately computed and remitted in a timely manner to all government agencies;
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of company resources through good monitoring documentation and reporting and liaison with the external auditors;
- Prepare cash flow projections and maintain adequate cash flow through effective and efficient debt;
- Liaise with external auditors, tax agents, bankers, insurers and statutory bodies;
- Stay up-to-date with current financial regulations, including tax liabilities.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related field
- Qualified CPA (K) holder or the equivalent;
- Three (3) years experience in a busy finance department;
- Ability to use the various accounting packages;
- Experience preparing detail reports on a timely basis;
- Experience in Audit is preferred;
- Good communication skills;
- Results orientated individual;
- Problem solving capabilities.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to [email protected]
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted